The Sales Instructor facilitates training and coaching for new Sales coworkers. This position collaborates with the Sales management team to implement a first-class onboarding program that supports CDW’s strategies and business goals. This role is involved in assisting in the design, development, and implementation of training solutions for the Sales Academy.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Train and facilitate sessions for new sellers during weeks 1 – 6 of the Sales Academy, which may include, but are not limited to:
- How to Sell (sales skills)
- What to Sell (technical solutions)
- Tools to Sell (CDW systems, processes and resources)
- Coaching (one-on-one and group coaching)
- Coach new sellers to develop and refine required skills. Assess individual needs of participants in programs and develop an individual plan to meet identified needs.
- Ensure successful daily program execution including; classroom management, maintenance of all necessary training and development records, testing and measurement processes, self paced learning, e-learning, partner training.
- Monitor new hire performance, address performance issues, deliver constructive feedback and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Sales management team to share best practices and support the sales department initiatives.
- Participate on project teams to design and develop participant and instructional materials.
- Identify opportunities for continuous program improvement and establish business case recommendations for changes.
- Continuously develop facilitation, instructional design, and project management skills based on leading edge concepts.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the learning and development field to ensure that CDW continues to take advantage of best practices.
- Up to 10% travel. (For Illinois based positions, must be flexible to work in the Riverside and Lincolnshire offices as business dictates).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years’ experience as a CDW seller or 3 years’ experience facilitating sales and technical training
Other Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated sales ability
- Strong creative problem solving and solution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Knowledge of the Technology industry
- Demonstrated facilitation experience with a successful track record of increasing participants’ knowledge, performance and effectiveness
- Background in Education or related field