This job posting is no longer active
CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design, implement, administer and support storage solutions.
- Provide direct technical support for the planning, coordination, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to storage systems and the range of products and productivity tools that support the testing and production of those storage systems.
- Ensures stable performance for the storage environment through performance monitoring and tuning.
- Perform capacity planning, workload modeling, and prediction. Ensures systems maintenance of storage and related systems.
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Work with Professional Services Managers, ATAE's, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
- Two or more years consulting experience
- Knowledge of general storage technologies: SAN, NAS, DAS, FC; prior experience or familiarity with alternative storage products is desirable
- Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts, including principles of network-routing client/server applications
- Knowledge of Distributed File Systems (DFS) beneficial
- OS software: Proficiency in at least one UNIX or Intel operating system and Windows 2003 required. AIX and Windows certifications a plus
- SAN: Experience with Brocade, Cisco, or McData-based SAN fabrics required
- Knowledge of IBM or EMC disk subsystems required
- Understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts, including the principles of network routing and client/server programming
- Ability to provide customer based training when needed
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Ability to assist with network and application troubleshooting; provide technical consulting support to software development staff
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
Other Required Qualifications – NetApp
- Understanding of NetApp products and architectures
- Solid understanding of NFS, CIFS, FibreChannel administration in a NetApp Environment
- Development experience or background is a plus
- Storage Management: Tivoli Storage Manager or Veritas NetBackup experience helpful
- Knowledge of HP/Dell storage is desired
- Experience with scripting to customize functionality of storage subsystems a plus
Job Category: Delivery Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 75%