The objective of everything we do is to profitably grow CDW sales. To be the leading IT solutions provider, we must deliver a simple yet superior experience across all channels and devices. All eCommerce teams will drive value for both customers and internal account managers, while ultimately driving profitable growth for CDW. Our digital experiences can deliver the credibility and proof needed that CDW is the best choice for IT decision-making and management.
The Manager, eCommerce Operations is responsible for leading the eCommerce Operations team supporting all eCommerce operational needs to drive exceptional experiences for our internal and external customer. This role will interact with appropriate technical or service personnel to deliver website operational needs and to resolve problems and ensure optimal website functionality.
Reporting to the VP and GM, eCommerce, the Manager, eCommerce Operations will play a vital role in ensuring we deliver state-of-the-art eCommerce operations that enables our internal stakeholders to deliver exceptional service to our customers, while ensuring an optimal experience to our online customers. The position acts as the operations subject matter expert/process owner collaborating with cross-functional areas to implement processes to ensure a successful on-line shopping experience for our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the day-to-day operational activities of the CDW customer-facing web properties ensuring efficient processes and enabling a strong customer online experience.
- Lead the administration of several critical eCommerce operational activities including delivery management, search engine management, product data management, inventory and pricing accuracy, and facilitation of optimal site performance working with the IT Operations Support team.
- Serve as a key liaison between eCommerce Operations, eCommerce Product Management and eCommerce IT Teams in order to ensure optimal performance, while also providing input to the Product Management team for potential website enhancements and strategic improvements based on feedback from internal and external customers.
- Lead the defect resolution process working with the appropriate business, Product Management, and IT team. Clearly identify and document all issues, and develop a process workflow with the team to effectively drive each issue to resolution.
- Develop and support eCommerce merchandising processes and procedures to ensure optimal customer experience while also driving eCommerce KPIs. This includes working with the product information management system, the content management system, and the pricing and inventory systems.
- Partner with internal stakeholders from our Marketing and Product/Partner Management teams to establish processes and workflows for issue identification, management, and resolution
- Troubleshoot content, pricing, and inventory issues identified on the site, and work with the appropriate teams and systems to resolve all issues.
- Support and administer business rules on our internal search engine, with a focus on increase website KPIs including conversion, average order value, and revenue per visit.
- Work with the IT Operations team to assist with all website releases completing all necessary business and operational activities to ensure a successful launch. Communicate with all business owners for release status updates.
- Assist with the user acceptance testing for all new website enhancements.
- Serve as the Product Management voice to the customer by helping distribute product marketing communications to both internal and external customers. Conduct training and web tours on website functionality to support the CDW Sales team.
- Facilitate with the definition of strong business processes that support the eCommerce strategy and objectives. Review business process issues and create recommendations and solutions to improve operational activities. Assist with continuous process improvement.
- Support the eProcurement team with operational, communication, and project management needs
- Manage and support Website Operations emails, chat sessions, and phone calls for escalated issues related to website performance or functionality issues.
- Collaborate with multiple department leaders and coordinate cross-functional and department needs
- Assist and provide customer insight to eCommerce Product Team projects
- Prepares training materials for supported tools and processes, and drives communication and rollout of tools and processes
- Anticipates, identifies, and ensures resolution of any potential business and technical implications related to feature changes and website releases in order to effectively support fixes and driving issues to resolution.
- Maintain close interaction with Product Managers, eComm development, delivery managers, key stakeholders, and customers
- Conduct website customer presentations and conference calls in order to help our customers understand the value that CDW.com brings to their account relationship and experience at CDW
- Promote, market, and support current eCommerce initiatives with the goal of improving sales, usage, and program awareness
- Lead eCommerce operational activities as defined by the eCommerce team in order to increase organizational efficiency and productivity
- Conduct analysis and give recommendations on operational topics
- Manage, track and communicate timelines and milestones
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of eCommerce/Digital experience in Operations, Merchandising, Project Management, or Product Management
- 5 years of direct people management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong business acumen and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technology applications
- Proven track record of successfully meeting deadlines, balancing priorities and using creative problem solving
- Demonstrated passion and dedication to delivering the highest quality customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency, with proven ability to drive results
- 2 years working in an agile environment is preferred
- An understanding of information technology or experience in computer hardware and/or software industry