The Analytics & Insights team is passionate about creating a story out of insights, research, and performance data. This team serves as a source of knowledge around CDW’s solutions and customers, providing data-driven research and insights to Marketing and Sales. They will develop research and performance analysis to drive strategic decision-making and planning to create more targeted, relevant messaging and improve ROI. They must understand how CDW solutions are applicable in the marketplace and act as the conduit between the CDW and its customers. This team’s data, research and insights will be used to develop the contact, channel, and campaign strategies, as well as to provide decision-support services to CDW’s executives.
The Data Scientist is a key player on the Marketing Analytics & Data Science team by leveraging CDW’s “big data” environment to create insights and data products to help CDW learn more about its customers, as well as enable those coworkers interfacing with the customers (primarily sellers and marketers) to be more efficient and effective in doing their work. This coworker’s contribution will enable leadership to share campaign performance through various analytics initiatives, such as acquisition or internal optimization, while supporting CDW’s long-term business strategy.
Reporting to the Manager of Data Science, this coworker will ensure data has been compiled into meaningful dashboard and reports and is shared with relevant stakeholders, while being responsible for enabling data science and technology best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assess and elevate the quality of data to support the development of operational metrics and data products.
- Responsible for developing complex queries for data extraction and reporting, performing data conversions from several data sources, developing necessary methods for loading, and updating and maintaining SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Troubleshoots data file related issues.
- Responsible for executing internal audits.
- Supports data-driven decision making by enabling a persistent test and learn environment.
- Compiles, prepares, and translates complicated data into simple, high level information for leadership by leveraging analytical and coding skills.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration on Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering.
- 2 years of experience in digital analytics, direct or database marketing, applied mathematics discipline, econometrics, and/or statistics.
Other Required Qualifications
- Intermediate-level experience in core Hadoop technologies (e.g. Pig, Hive, Spark, Java or Python UDFs, etc.).
- Strong expertise in one or more statistical or scripting languages, such as R, Python, Matlab, SAS, Perl, Java, etc.
- Proficient to algorithm design, development and testing.
- Exposure to algorithm development for parallel computing environments, such as Hadoop.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to problem solve independently. Able to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading analytical projects.
- Proven ability to identify areas of opportunity for existing practices/processes and execute appropriate improvements.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytic and problem solving capabilities, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships.
Relational database (SAS or SQL) experience.
- Graduate degree(s) with a concentration on Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in digital analytics, direct or database marketing, applied mathematics discipline, econometrics, and/or statistics.
- 3 years of relational database (SAS or SQL) experience.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Analytics, Tableau, Power BI.