This job posting is no longer active
The Inbound Delivery Coordinator performs the process of taking phone calls from various carriers and vendors, logging and scheduling delivery appointments for various shipments. Once a driver arrives at CDW, this position is responsible for making sure all trucks are logged in at an arrival status, the load must be checked to see if products are mixed or are ready ship items and to make sure all trucks are routed to the correct warehouse. In addition, the Inbound Delivery Coordinator is responsible for making sure all loads are completed each day and ensure all freight bills are accounted for and imaged each day.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Taking phone calls from various carriers
- Logging and scheduling all deliveries
- Checking in the drivers when the trucks arrive
- Check the loads of each truck
- Direct the trucks to the appropriate warehouses based on product (Big and mixed items)
- Making sure all loads are completed each day
- Image all freight bills into the Web Application Extender
- Unloading trucks manually, with a pallet jack or forklift (certification required)
- Sorting and receiving product which includes sorting by PO, mail, returns and supplies.
- Accurately counting products and comparing to vendor packing slips.
- Quality control processing using RF scanners/IDS system for all inbound merchandise, including labeling, packaging of various items.
- Communicating with the Receiving Office to resolve discrepancy Pos.
- Cutting flaps and removing tops off of boxes.
- Cube items properly and bundle items together when there are multiple pieces to an item.
- Housekeeping – placing garbage, boxes, popcorn, bubble wrap in the dumpsters and keeping the area clean at all times.
- May be required to assist stocking with restocking products to the specific areas or locations.
- May be required to assist the Receiving office with matching office paperwork.
- Rotate throughout the Receiving Department performing various receiving functions, and may be asked to rotate to other job functions in the warehouse, including cross-department functions, for training and operational purposes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications:
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of coworkers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, vendors, and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Demonstrated ability to perform 8 or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts
- Forklift certification
- Previous warehouse experience
Job Category: Receiving
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%