The Pick Pack position is responsible for picking, packing and/or processing pick/pack items, speed picks, single item orders, chip cage items and picking and/or processing ready-ship items as well as picking, and/or processing orders for the Configuration and Enterprise areas. This position is also responsible for loading the outbound trailers using a brick-method of stacking and LTL items.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Pick and process pick/pack, speed picks and ready ship product using a hanging QC station or portable RF scanner, including placing non-conveyorable product in designated areas for pick up.
- Maintain conveyor flow by keeping the conveyors and sensors clear.
- Pack boxes using bubbles or other packing material to ensure a secure shipment.
- Place non-conveyorable product in designated areas for pick-up.
- Inspect boxes and product for visible damage before shipment, including ensuring proper size and fit and correct if necessary, including inspecting fragile items for proper over-packing with bubble bags.
- Manually load trailers in freight area while correctly verifying and matching shipping labels to carrier trucks.
- Notify management of problem boxes or situations to ensure a swift resolution.
- Maintain supplies for the area, including but not limited to: filling the bubble machine media and making or requesting additional boxes.
- Ensure utilization of transport totes for smaller boxes.
- Quality control check boxes from weight variance and troubleshooting lanes.
- Housekeeping – placing garbage, boxes, popcorn, bubble wrap in the dumpsters and keeping the area clean at all times.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to 40 lbs. frequently with or without assistance (team lifting is encouraged for items weighing over 50 lbs.).
- Perform 8 or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Forklift Drivers must be able to perform 6 or more hours of operating a forklift.
- Utilize a pallet-jack to move product or skids for picking or processing.
- Rotate throughout the Shipping Department performing various shipping functions, and may be asked to rotate to other job functions in the warehouse, including cross-department functions, for training and operational purposes.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to perform 8 or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Accurate counting ability.
- Excellent organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Solid verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing warehouse temperatures and a high noise level.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous warehouse experience.
- Forklift certification.