This job posting is no longer active
The Lead Application Developer (DWBI/ETL) is a technical expert focused on development management, coordinating and optimizing the efforts of a team of technical developers. Involved in medium to large projects throughout all phases of the SDLC, this role produces the technical design and solution architecture which is consumed by the development team. This role acts as a technical coach/advisor, implements and ensures adherence to standards and best practices, and helps maintain consistency across projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Translate business requirements into appropriate technical design and solution architecture to maximize efficiency, maintainability, scalability for medium to large DWBI projects
- Oversee, direct and focus the efforts of a team of ETL developers who have the following responsibilities across all stages of the SDLC:
- Work with business SMEs to identify and understand source data systems
- Map source system data to data warehouse models
- Develop and test extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
- Technical owner of the scripts produced to extract, transform, clean, and move data from sources into a data warehouse, data mart, or operational data store
- Determines resource needs for assigned projects and assigns development tasks for efficiency in collaboration with a project manager and also without
- Provides coaching to continually build the technical skillsets and proficiency of developers
- Actively researches relevant technologies and methods, recommends and implements new and innovative ideas for improvement
- Develops and promotes standards and best practices
- Identify and draw appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues spanning multiple teams/technologies
- Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements and business needs.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map and by management.
- Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved.
- Draw appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues.
- Direct and focus the efforts of the technical project team.
- Monitor progress of project teams.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Report project/task status to the management.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 10 years application development experience, or 7 years CDW Application Development experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Expertise in developing applications
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Advanced knowledge of product lifecycle and understanding of the role of methodology/frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented design, and programming techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational, planning and creative problem solving skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success of facilitation and solutions implementation.
- Proven track record of leading application development projects.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
DWBI Required Qualifications
- 10 years using software design support tools and productivity suites such as Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project
- 8 years software application development experience in data warehousing and business intelligence
- 6 years experience with data warehousing tools including ER Studio or similar, SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures, SSIS
- 4 years experience with data warehouse data architecture/modeling
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence technologies, methodologies, processes throughout the full lifecycle
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements documentation
- Design advanced multi-dimensional star/snowflake data models, cubes, and ETL jobs
- Investigate and understand source and target data, perform data profiling
- Strong database administration, especially performance tuning, columnstore indexes
- Metadata capture, management
- Expert in ER Studio, SQL Server (SQL, stored procedures, SSIS)
DWBI Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar to proficient with SSAS/MDX, SSRS, IBM Cognos, Tableau, Excel Pivot tables
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time