The Senior Data Center Delivery Engineer supports projects related (but not limited) to data center storage, data protection and virtualization (server/desktop/network). The Sr. Data Center Engineer will be responsible for include designing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting customer specific architectures. The position is Federally focused and the engineer will need to operate within a Department of Defense/Classified environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provides Professional Services to include design, planning, and configuration to support the delivery of projects focused around various datacenter technologies.
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning
- Installation and configuration of virtual environments using VMware (ESXi and Horizon) and Microsoft Windows (MS Server, Active Directory, SCCM)
- Configure networking protocols such as VXLAN on NX-OS within a Cisco Nexus environment
- IInstall and configure different compute/storage platforms that includes 3 Tier and Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade network infrastructures
- Assist in the management of projects using CDWG's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- 7 years of data center experience
- 7 years of Federal and/or DoD experience
- DoD/OPM Secret Clearance/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
- CCNA Route/Switch certification
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification
- DoD 8570 level II IAT Certification
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience with implementing Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) within a Department of Defense environment.
- Experience with remediating identified Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) within DoD systems
- DoD 8570 level II IAT Certification
- Experience with troubleshooting Cisco router, network (virtual/physical), compute and storage configurations
- Cisco NX-OS (Nexus) experience
- Experience managing large Active Directory environments
- Willing to travel (50 - 70%)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Abilities to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- Effective communication skills with an appreciation for the appropriate ways to interact with managers, coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- CCIE or CCNP Route/Switch certification
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and end users