The Enterprise Software Advisor (ESA) is a hybrid inside/outside sales role within the S3 Software Practice responsible for the ongoing management and support of new and existing sales of Level C and D Microsoft Enterprise Agreements. The ESA is responsible for providing licensing expertise, solution and services selling, sales recommendations, and proactive and ongoing sales support for customers and CDW sales teams who hold level C and D Enterprise Agreements. The ESA is responsible for developing and managing relationships with their regional Microsoft EPG sales team members. The ESA team will also be responsible for assisting with licensing products associated with their customers Level C and D Enterprise Agreements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and achieve all individual and team revenue, gross profit sales goals for the segment
- Responsible for tracking and ensuring all steps in the CDW Contract Management methodology for software agreements are followed.
- Assist in identifying and driving up-sell and additional product opportunities.
- Participate in proactive campaigns focused on driving upsell goals.
- Partner with Software Solutions Executive, Software Sales and Licensing Specialists, and Technical Specialist to add value to mutual customers and capture a greater share of software purchases.
- Drive net new Microsoft contracts and sales.
- Respond to email, phone inquiries, and local on-site meeting requests from Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Manage Microsoft incentive programs and Net New deal registrations.
- Participate in conference calls and local meetings with customers to explain and help determine the best licensing program for their needs including Cost Analysis comparisons.
- Manage local client software business, including Quarterly Briefings, detailed software trending analysis, and technology briefings.
- Prepare Microsoft contracts (Select, Enterprise Agreements or Campus/School) on behalf of the customer and teach the specifics of the contractual requirements.
- Provide guidance to sales on quotes and opportunity pricing.
- Research Microsoft licensing questions and agreement changes.
- Develop relationships with the Microsoft sales team in their assigned segment.
- Educate the CDW/CDWG Account Managers and Sales teams to promote Microsoft sales in their region. This includes specifics of the licensing and services offerings, how to leverage Microsoft programs with their customers, and how to provide up-sell opportunities and incentives.
- Responsible for Management existing level C & D Microsoft Enterprise Agreements with book size of $50M+ in EA’s
- Sole Microsoft solutions expert for customers and sales teams
- Efficient in Executive Level Presentations with our largest customers
- New acquisition of level C & D customers via net new enterprise agreements, COCP and competitive renewal
- Develop relationships with Microsoft EPG resources in an assigned region
- Manage field and inside sales relationships who own assigned Level C and D Enterprise Agreements with CDW
- Proficient in proactively updating CDW executive management on status of top MSFT accounts
- Provide product and licensing expertise proactively and ongoing to CDW sellers and their customers’ Enterprise Level C & D agreements
- Research Microsoft Licensing agreement changes to better inform customers and account managers on a proactive basis
- Participate in proactive sales campaigns to grow Enterprise Level C & D sales
- Help in identifying upsell / cross-sell opportunities to better penetrate the EA account base and increase sales
- Respond to email or phone inquiries from sales coworkers and customers
- A subject matter expert in Microsoft Enterprise, Select & MPSA agreements
- Travel required for on-premises client meetings up to 30%
- Effective Pipeline/Forecast Management Skills
- Associates Degree in business related field
- Candidate must have core knowledge of Enterprise Agreement Licensing, MPSA Licensing, Product and Sales Operations expertise and the ability to convey this knowledge to our customers and account managers
- Three year minimum experience in inside sales or field sales with emphasis on Microsoft Enterprise Agreements
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills with customers, Account Managers and Microsoft organization
- Outstanding licensing, negotiation and closing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Proven customer facing ability
- Excellent multitasking capabilities in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to exceed sales quotas on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience