The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the Inventory Control Department meets audit requirements while maintaining CDW policies and procedures. This includes developing and monitoring of cycle count processes, as well as thorough analysis of inventory related movements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the implementation of best in class systems and processes to ensure cycle count coverage is adequate and consistent with company policy
- Analyzes data to identify trends and root causes to provide recommendations for improvement.
- Investigate high dollar value adjustments and effectively communicate findings to key stakeholders
- Responsible for compliance with Business Process Assurance in Inventory Control
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly performance reports related to cycle count activities.
- Monitors and evaluates controls in warehouse to safeguard inventory.
- Provides training, coaching and development for direct reports.
- Meet or exceed CDW budgetary department goals for productivity and accuracy.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4 years of experience within a warehousing or inventory control environment
Other Required Qualifications
- Must possess excellent analytical problem-solving skills and a process improvement mindset
- Must have the ability to effectively build professional relationships, work cross-functionally, and deliver results
- Must have the ability to sit and walk for long periods of time and climb warehouse racking steps
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels including Senior Leadership
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, Excel, Word and Outlook
- AS400 WMS or other comparable WMS experience
- Preferred Qualifications
- Inventory Control experience in a complex, automated distribution environment
- 3 years of process improvement experience