This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Analyst, Pricing, under the direction and guidance of the Senior Manager of Pricing, oversees the day-day activities associated with maintaining the CDW pricing structure and pricing levels. This role supports the development and implementation of profitable pricing strategies and tactics. Actions have a direct impact on CDW margins, sales and EBITDA as price directly influences volume sold.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain current CDW pricing structure and levels for both products and services, including comparisons of CDW ad prices against relevant competitors as well as the MSRP, when relevant.
- Modify individual SKUs or sets of SKUs when the prices are out of alignment with market levels.
- Produce weekly tracking reports on volume of work regarding adjustments to bid costs and advertised prices.
- Work with Product Management and Product Specialists to manage exceptions to the advertised prices. Make recommendations on how to manage price discrepancies.
- Oversee and own the implementation of those actions.
- Manage the process of adjusting the internal CDW cost levels associated with orders, as necessary.
- Produce a variety of pricing reports, often in EXCEL, summarizing CDW pricing characteristics and relative market condition. For example, an EXCEL report detailing the average price for CDW’s products compared to a set of competitors.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager of pricing, produce a variety of weekly reports using combination of SAS/SQL relevant to CDW pricing.
- Ability to produce new programs in SAS/SQL to interrogate the CDW Enterprise Data Warehouse, as well as modify existing programs.
- Assemble results of programs into EXCEL or Power Point for general consumption and review.
- Support Senior Manager of Pricing in developing new pricing analyses as required.
Pricing Overrides Focus
- Under the guidance of the Senior Manager of pricing, work directly with sales managers and product managers to override CDW price points and cost adjustments, as required.
- Compile reports on volume level of requests.
- Interact with CDW IT group on updating of relevant systems to override prices and cost adjustments.
- Perform quick and accurate financial calculations regarding requests from sales and product management, and delver results in professional manner.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics
- 3 years’ experience in an analysis role OR
- 3 years’ experience in a comparable sales operations support role
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and relay information to stakeholders.
- Experience working directly with sales and/or product organizations.
- Working knowledge of systems such as SPS or AS400.
- Proficient in Excel and/or Access.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial and economic concepts and ability to apply them in EXCEL.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, amidst changing conditions.
- Strong communication skills, both in e-mail and in person, particularly with the sales and product teams.
- Ability to deal with conflict in a professional manner.
- Detail orientated in performing tasks within the internal systems.
- Proactively collaborate with all stakeholders, particularly in sales.
- Working knowledge of pricing strategy and tactics.
- Experience with SAS or SQL
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%