The CDW Corporate Strategy Group will develop and drive targeted short- and long-term strategic plans and projects to optimize CDW’s market position and improve value extraction across technologies, partners, segments, and competitors.
Our Manager of Corporate Strategy drives strategic projects that accelerate business decision-making, revenue growth, and profitability. The coworker researches, analyzes and recommends courses of action that directly impact the project outcomes. As a Strategy Leader you will analyzes industry trends, threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance and develops data centric insights for delivery to an executive/Board level audience. The Strategy Manager works with other leaders and coworkers across various CDW organizations to help secure dedication for cross-company efforts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and evaluate potential inorganic growth alternatives including mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
- Build financial models to assess valuations of potential targets.
- Manage/participate in all phases of a transaction including due diligence and integration.
- Use data-driven, fact base approaches to identify opportunities/alternatives to increase sales, productivity and profitability.
- Analyze markets, competitors, customers and other complex information to assist leadership in establishing strategic plans.
- Develop presentations for executive leadership and Board of Directors
- Assess technology, customer and IT ecosystem trends to identify and prioritize strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Track and manage the success of strategy implementation through regular reporting (e.g., scorecard).
- Support and communicate on the execution of long-term strategic plans with business leaders
- Assist in the development of deliverables for annual board or director summit meetings, quarterly
- Collaborate to develop and deliver presentations and reports to communicate insights and strategies to various levels of management.
- Top-tier MBA, MA, or PHD
- 5 years of managerial consulting, private equity, in-house corporate strategy/corporate development, or relevant experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to understand and solve complex business problems - including using strong conceptual and analytical skills to turn findings into executable business plans
- Ability to formulate complex materials and make presentations that will influence business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Shown experience leading teams to documented results
- Ability to multitask and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Track record in overseeing and executing projects
- Sound financial background with experience in Financial Analysis/Modeling, Financial Planning, and Operations Finance
- Familiar with a variety of strategic planning concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Research or relevant field
- Working knowledge of IT industry, trends, OEMs and offerings
- Experience working in or with IT channel including Value Added Reseller, Consultant,
- Managed Services Provider, Distributor or Systems Integrator