The Integrated Planning & Design team is passionate about building a strategic marketing plan that delivers both partner and CDW objectives through campaign and sponsorship activities. Using insights and data, this team builds marketing strategies, brand vision, and integrated campaign plans that define who to target, how to reach them, and with what message. They are the primary owner and builder of the annual marketing plan and all tactical campaign plans, and are the only team allowed to make and approve changes to those plans. The Brand & Sponsorship team is part of this group and is responsible for creating and implementing a plan leveraging mass media and sponsorships in support of CDW and partner objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Brand & Sponsorship Management, this role manages CDW’s media plan in support of the national marketing plan. The Manager, Brand Sponsorship Mgmt is responsible for the development and execution of CDW’s media plan in order to enhance company’s position in the market. Focused on TV, radio, print, out-of-home and/or digital advertising, this role collaborates with Insights, Integrated Marketing Planning, Analytics, Product and Partner Management, CDW partners and our agency partners to effectively manage and implement various media activities, campaigns and programs. Additionally, this role will identify advertising inventory requirements and availability and play a leadership role in media budget/financial management.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Media Planning & Execution:
- Oversee and collaborate on the development and execution of CDW’s media plan. Activities include, but are not limited to, identifying media plan requirements, developing the media plan (including media objectives, strategies, mix and timing), aligning to partner and company priorities and requirements, actual execution of the plan and measurement.
- Ensure media measurement plans and media benchmarks are in place.
- Work with agency and Analytics & Insights to manage results and deliver appropriate reports to internal stakeholders and partners.
- Identify creative requirements for the CDW media plan and collaborate with appropriate agencies, partners and internal teams on the development of any required new or modified creative.
- Manage existing creative use to incorporate into activities when possible and manager creative “wear-out”.
- Provide input into the creative development process and participate in creative approvals.
- Work with the agency to test various creative and form factors. Lead development of creative rotation recommendations and buy with the agency.
- Ensure appropriate creative is in market as planned.
- Ensure media and production budgets are effectively managed and financial requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring invoices associated with the media plan are processed on a timely basis.
- Ensure inventory requirements are fulfilled including any inventory management/processing needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience in marketing, including experience in mass media (TV, radio, print, out-of- home and digital).
Other Required Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven record of successful project management with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Flexibility to travel to various business activities as required.