This job posting is no longer active
The Service Contract Specialist serves as a project manager of the services contracting process, by reviewing and verifying the business and legal aspects of Statements of Work (SOWs) and other contracts for risk, compliance, scope and other components. They work closely with stakeholders in business units within CDW to obtain appropriate input and approvals; they also interact with third-party service providers to obtain project scope, pricing and other details and to advise them of compliance and risk information. As a business leader, they provide training, guidance, and overall knowledge transfer to the CDW sales teams with respect to the contracting of services.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Draft, review, negotiate, and edit SOWs and other contract documents, with special attention to potential legal and business risk factors for the company; addressing those as needed to minimize and mitigate this risk.
- Provide guidance by customizing, rewriting or editing written SOW content, submitted by stakeholders, to fit the specific project at hand. Adapt such language to address new circumstances and/or to avoid potential problems that might arise in performance of the subject service project addressed in the SOW.
- Ensure all appropriate approvals are obtained and issues are addressed by coordinating stakeholder input from CDW, partner, and end-user customer. Identify the correct stakeholder(s) when needed, and coach them on the issues and possible solutions. Organize communications between all parties, maintaining an unobstructed information stream and workflow while preventing inappropriate disclosure of sensitive information.
- Maintain all SOW records and documentation in the appropriate content/document management systems, ensuring that all legal documents are correctly archived. Identify gaps in standard template language required for company-wide use. Create said language templates and submit for approval as needed.
- Document business and review processes and policies, developing detailed instructions and guidance for various service contracts so that CDW policy is consistent, clear, and offers the optimum risk/reward ratio.
- Provide input on current workflow processes and procedures to continually improve the existing business model for maximum efficiency. Assist in updating department playbooks and wiki resources with these improved processes.
Oversee created contracts with all parties from draft through to execution. Create customer- and provider-facing documents by analyzing submitted written scope for compliance, comprehensiveness, and feasibility. Review and migrate content from third parties into CDW formats and templates, while ensuring accurate and complete flow-down of required terms and conditions. Conduct initial negotiations with customers and service providers on behalf of CDW.
Serve as liaison to all stakeholders by assisting with process issues, training, and developing tools and language to capture important components of agreements and transactions.
Ensure that SOW services sales entered through CDW sales ordering tools such as the AS400 are associated with the appropriate Master or “one-off” base contract vehicle. Work with stakeholders to ensure that purchase orders can readily be sent to partners and that invoicing is on time and accurate.
- Provide effective communication to key stakeholders, assist stakeholders in expressing their needs, and manage information flow. Oversee contracting process. Provide guidance and coordination for all stakeholders. Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction via fast, accurate, and professional contract creation.
- Drive sales by demonstrating subject matter expertise across the entire services contracting business unit. Assist sales teams by advising on contract SOWs, terms and conditions and related content areas to help effectively drive incremental revenues in high-margin services sales.
- Mitigate the risk of service sales by spotting potential legal, business, and compliance issues via a professionally written contract vehicle.
- Build strong relationships with key coworkers and outside personnel.
- Provide services contract training to sales, services teams, and management.
- Address other issues, as they arise, related to SOWs and services contracting.
- Perform various administrative, support, auditing, project-related and other work, assigned on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years applicable business experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills with ability to recognize both business and legal risks and opportunities
- Ability to perform independently at a high level with minimal oversight
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, to perform well under tight time constraints, to meet hard deadlines, and to respond quickly to emergent issues with poise and composure
- A diplomatic and professional approach to business contacts
- Proficiency with PC; command of MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain concentrated focus on details to spot even the most minor discrepancies and anomalies in contract documentation and scope statements.
- 3 years of experience in the field of professional services or other applicable information technology practice areas.
- Background and relevant experience working directly in editing, journalism, technical writing, contract drafting, law, and/or information technology.
- Experience with contract management software or other contract management workflow tools, such as Sharepoint and Emptoris.
Job Category: Sales Support General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%