This job posting is no longer active
The Supply Chain Engineer is responsible for providing a high level of service to our internal and external customers by creating and managing the implementation of workflow efficiencies. The Engineer will focus on both processes and the analysis of data from many sources and business partners to track current trends and forecast needs/results to assist in the management of operational processes and create overall efficiencies. The bulk of this work includes interacting directly with peer leadership in the supply chain to influence project outcomes; including those in related areas of finance, procurement, and sales operations; as well as outside partners and consultants. These outcomes will directly impact productivity, staffing, compliance to budget, process improvement projects, and capital projects from conception to completion.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Observational Management:
- Oversees the Observe Coach Reinforce (OCR) continuous improvement program, directly influencing operations management’s focus on safety, quality, and efficiency
- Observe and document current state processes to draft an agreed upon Preferred Method
- Participate in observations in all areas of the warehouse operation with direct collaboration of distribution center management
- Understand the tools used to manage this program and provide insights on the design
- Facilitate group meetings to share observations and learnings, highlighting opportunities to improve safety, quality, and efficiency to drive goal achievement and customer satisfaction
- Oversees progress on action log items with distribution center management and provide coaching and support with a focus on ROI and resource management
- Coach and guide distribution center management, in continuous improvement techniques including: LEAN, Change Management, Performance Management
- Engineered Standards:
- Conduct time studies and summarize data to be used in the Performance Management Program, including advanced analysis of variation in technique and performance
- Validate outcomes through further observations of warehouse work functions
- Assess the performance of standard processes and identify opportunities to improve resource management
- Strategic Project Support:
- Develop and document process flows
- Identify optimization opportunities
- Build KPI measures and build additional reporting to support processes
- Work directly with peer leadership in other functional areas, CDW partners, and outside consultants
Role Based Responsibilities (If needed – if job is shared)
- Travel: minimal, project based (1-2 weeks annually)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field
- 2 years’ experience in an industrial engineering role
Other Required Qualifications
- Advanced Excel (data table creation - filters - pivot tables - etc.)
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with multiple levels of the organization from coworker to director
- Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver powerpoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Visio and Word.
- Effective ability to multi-task and handle multiple duties at the same time throughout the day.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to occasionally perform standing, bending, lifting, walking and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Comfort to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise form conveyors and forklifts.
- Degree specialization in Industrial Engineering
- Experience with visualization reporting tools, preferably PowerBI (others include Tableau, Qlik)
- Experience using Tier 1 supply chain systems, preferably JDA
- Experience using Labor Management Systems (LMS), preferably JDA
- LEAN Six Sigma certification
Job Category: Logistics-Operations
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%