The Field Sales Manager is responsible for leading a team of Account Executives, meeting and exceeding sales and profit goals through the ownership of the team. The individual in this role is ultimately accountable for individual and team productivity and serves as a leader within the sales organization.
- Develop target account business plan and lead team to significantly grow account sales, services opportunities, and profits
- Train and coach team to provide in-depth customer technology roadmap and uncover new sales opportunities
- Develop business relationships with partners to optimize joint selling opportunities
- Build market awareness of CDW through participation in local/regional industry events, organizations and affiliations.
- Establish target account strategies and implementation plans
- Assist in development and implementation of segment goals and strategies
- Develop and manage ongoing field coverage sales model
- Work with field team to effectively utilize Specialists and System Engineers via joint sales calls and on-site assessments
- Insure collaboration between inside sales and Account Executives in the development of account strategies, follow up programs and new business development
- Drive interdepartmental collaboration and use as a resource in developing customer relationships.
- Manage territory effectively through time and project management.
- Provide consistent communication and timely reporting of goal attainment, field activities, account opportunities, competitive trends and field team accomplishments.
- Manages solutions pipeline through SPS and Changepoint
- Adhere to ethical and fair business practices, following the CDW Way principles
- Collaborate with Professional Services Management team to ensure projects are on time, on budget, and delivered with high client satisfaction
- Work with the Professional Services Managers to manage customer relationships and monitor satisfaction with the quality of our products and services to maximize client satisfaction
- Develop product knowledge and sales skills of field sales team by providing ongoing product, services and sales skills training provided by CDW and outside sources.
- Provide team with professional development opportunities
- Prepare and give annual performance reviews.
- Develop solid business relationships with high-level decision makers within target accounts
- Understand each target customer's business model and how to best serve their unique needs
- Engage local vendor field management, collaborating sales efforts and partnerships with target accounts and new account opportunities
- Five years of progressively responsible sales experience in related industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Three years management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Knowledge of business and financial metrics for use as key performance indicators
- Travel required, 50% local and 25% over night travel
- Proven track record in planning and execution
- Prior sales and leadership experience within technology industry
- Prior experience selling in Denver market