This job posting is no longer active
The Technical Instructional Design Consultant creates training and coaching for sales coworkers. This position collaborates with the Sales management team to implement a first-class seller development program that supports CDW’s strategies and business goals. This role is involved in assisting in the design, development, and implementation of training solutions for the Sales organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Train and facilitate sessions for LOS 5+ sellers, which may include, but are not limited to:
- How to Sell (sales skills)
- What to Sell (technical solutions)
- Tools to Sell (CDW systems, processes and resources)
- Design, develop and deliver instructional materials, performance improvement solutions, and/or technical or sales learning solutions that meet business and stakeholder expectations.
- Actively participate in Sales Capability strategy projects that may be large, complex, medium-to-high risk, or highly visible.
- Provide ongoing program and feedback and communication updates to stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, and execute project management strategies to ensure effective resource allocation, commitment from project team members, timeliness, and attainment of business requirements.
- Utilizes established curriculum and develops new performance enhancing materials.
- Partner with external vendors or contractors to either build or tailoring vendor materials to meet CDW-specific needs when necessary.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to share best practices & support key departmental initiatives. Serve as the subject matter expert to the sales environment.
- Travel up to 25%. (For Illinois based positions, must be flexible to work in the Riverside and Lincolnshire offices as business dictates.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4 years’ successful selling experience, or 4 years of experience in facilitating sales training, or 4 years of combined experience in sales and sales training
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated facilitation/communication experience with a successful track record of increasing participants knowledge, performance and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Degree focused in Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Adult Learning or Education
- Technical certifications
- History of designing and evaluating learning and performance improvement solutions.
- Familiarity with instructional design, adult learning theories, and evaluation methodologies
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%