The Receiving Manager oversees the daily operations for the Receiving function, ensuring merchandise and product is appropriately processed and tracked on a daily basis. This role has financial responsibility for the Receiving operation, including accounting issues, staff time reporting and profitability for the department. The Manager directs, leads and oversees all Receiving staff, interacts with merchandise representatives and vendors, and works with CDW staff as necessary.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensures that all merchandise and audits are processed the same day as delivery.
- Ensures that unidentifiable products are researched and resolved, daily.
- Focuses on the overall level of team productivity and error tracking; monitors these numbers and finds solutions to decrease the totals.
- Assists Receiving Operations Manager with AP – Debit issues.
- Works with onsite reps regarding shortages and other discrepancies that are not reported by coworkers.
- Responsible for leading and oversight of coworkers, including:
- Conducts performance reviews yearly for receiving supervisors.
- Interviews, hires and terminates coworkers.
- Monitors time reporting, including minimizing overtime.
Resolves personnel issues and brings forward any serious concerns to Operations Management.:
- Continues to train all new coworkers.
- Implements more efficient ways to turn processes, researches and resolves discrepancies on purchase orders.
- Works with Inbound Management Team on damage products and makes sure that all shortages and damages are notated on the freight bill.
- Assists with addressing LTL carrier concerns and issues.
- Assists Senior Management with special projects.
- Assists Management with data to communicate necessary projects for improvement.
- Holds monthly meetings with the Receiving team to address concerns, and discus information and receive feedback.
- Motivate and challenge all employees, while increasing overall morale and teamwork.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times while upholding all CDW standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year management experience.
- 2 years operations experience in a distribution or manufacturing setting.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Possesses knowledge of Receiving Operations policies and procedures.
- Must have previous experience with quality control practices and must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and correctly to ensure a smooth operation.
- Must have knowledge of AS400 system.
- Must have a familiarity with computer systems, including PCs and the company’s internal computer system.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of coworkers.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with peers, management and coworkers.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.