The HR Business Partner is an integral part of the Coworker Services (HR) organization as well as an indispensable resource to the business organization it supports. As a Business Partner, you are seen as a credible business partner up and down the CDW organization. You are the face of Coworker Services to the organization. Business Leaders call on you to help think through their most difficult and strategic talent challenges. Managers seek out your advice on how to assess, motivate and reward their teams. CDW coworkers come to you as a trusted and neutral sounding board and coach. Under the leadership of a CWS (HR) Business Partner Manager, you will also assist in implementing and facilitating policy and organizational development efforts and initiatives.
You collaborate with CDW’s Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Organizational Capability, Benefits, HRIS and CWS Operations teams, bringing together the best team to deliver seamless service and holistic solutions to the business. This role’s success depends on the ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships with all areas of CWS and the business units it supports. The ability to influence leaders and act courageously when facing resistance to change is critical along with the ability to balance day-to-day tasks with executing a long-term roadmap for the business. This role is seen as a trusted advisor and problem-solver and your team values your counsel and your ability to frame up issues and identify possible solutions on a variety of talent-related topics.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive our reoccurring CDW-wide strategic talent processes and programs for your assigned teams (Performance Management Process, Merit Review, Succession Planning)
- Serve as a trusted advisor on day-to-day employee relations matters including performance management and disciplinary actions
- Provide the business recommendations to assist them in solving for their talent challenges leveraging available CWS resources and subject matter experts
- Serve as a coach and advisor to the business leaders in your assigned function(s)
- Provide high level analysis and insights on key talent trends and other relevant HR data
- Administer and communicate CDW’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Federal/State laws as well as proposing changes and improvements based on best business practices
- Participate and oversee in the AR Talent Review process
- Travel to CDW locations as needed
- Assist with special projects and assignments to serve coworkers and support the management directives of the company
Other Required Qualifications
Strong ability to partner with the business on driving solutions
Strong, comprehensive knowledge of human resource legislation and Federal, State, and Local employment laws
Demonstrated ability to research, assess and define a variety of employee relations issues and to disseminate the appropriate advice
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive, professional manner with stakeholders at all levels.
Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
History of analytical and project management skills
Proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters
Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities/projects with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines and providing high quality work and service level
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications