This job posting is no longer active
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the movement LTL/FTL shipments that may or may not require white glove services and ensuring CDW is compliant with customer SLA requirements. This role supports Sales Project Managers, Special Operations, Sales, TSM and Shipping. In addition, the Logistic Specialist will optimize the transportation network to obtain the most optimal freight price points for the service level and mode of transportation needed.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Utilize industry knowledge and analyze freight characteristics and delivery requirements to provide recommendations on optimal shipping solutions.
- Seek competitive custom freight rates from CDW freight partners for shipments that are preferred in the Full Truck Load (FTL)/Less Than Truck Load (LTL) network utilizing web based software.
- Provide recommendations on carrier choice based on this information.
- Optimize LTL/FTL network to achieve optimum price points.
- Develop and coordinate customized freight solutions and manage large project roll-outs.
- Partner with Sales and carriers to ensure Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements are defined at time of order and met at time of delivery.
- Serves as communication liaison between Sales and the carriers.
- Ensure load compliance by securing the shipment as outlined in the guidelines.
- Cross-train and back-up Traffic Analyst as needed Respond to customer service requests initiated from other CDW departments.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in traffic/logistics, interfacing directly with carriers and freight costs and/or project management involving logistics and freight.
Other Required Qualifications
- Basic Financial Knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with strong knowledge of Excel (formulas, graphs and tables).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Detail oriented and well organized with demonstrated ability to do in-depth research.
- 3 years Logistics or Transportation experience.
Job Category: Logistics-Operations
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%