The Principal, Revenue Accounting & Analysis supports the company’s revenue accounting function through managing projects and owning key processes which support proper revenue recognition for CDW worldwide. The position coordinates and performs monthly revenue activities and partners with the sales and product management leaders to provide financial insight and financial oversight for unique product offerings and significant customer contracts. The Principal maintains sound internal controls and policies and procedures in support of ASC 606 and CDW’s Revenue Recognition policies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supports Revenue Accounting through ownership of complex accounting transactions, projects and processes including:
- Collaborate with key functional areas to review and develop processes to accommodate new transactions including Device as a Service.
- Serve as the representative for Revenue Accounting on key finance initiatives including Daily Sales Summary Reconciliation, Finance Data Mart Improvement Project and various other projects supporting Controllership and CDW’s businesses.
- Understanding of the Company’s revenue recognition system (RevPro), resolving any revenue accounting issues or development of requirements based on new transaction types.
- Provides revenue accounting and transaction advisory guidance to the organization based on authoritative literature and company policies, consulting with the Global Accounting Advisory function as needed.
- Partners with CDW’s sales leadership and legal counsel to provide guidance on deal structure and communicate impact of significant contracts on financial statements.
- Maintains compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding revenue accounting, including preparation of documentation to support revenue accounting policies.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors in performing reviews, providing documentation and resolving inquiries as appropriate.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- External candidates:
- 4 years accounting or financial audit experience
- Internal candidates:
- 3 years accounting or financial audit experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Solid technical accounting skills
- Demonstrated strong organization skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs to the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations and follow through of implementation & execution of suggested changes
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to take the lead on researching/resolving issues (from start to finish), and represent department on projects
- Ability to indirectly coach, lead and influence others of all levels across the organization
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (PeopleSoft, RevPro)