The Financial Systems Analyst assists in the analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex business applications within CDW’s environment. The role provides support, guidance, and systems expertise to stakeholders on system requirements and issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and manage opportunities to improve or automate work that will result in more effective, efficient, and accurate finance processes.
- Contribute ideas to the technical, process improvement, and organizational design solutions.
- Work with team coworkers cross-functionally to define the project scope, outline potential solutions, assess the risk and impact of change and communicate the anticipated benefits to the organization.
- Administers security, manages business configuration rules and/or table values, develops queries and reports and troubleshoots issues within various financial systems, which may include PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, and RevPro.
- Support system development and improvements to streamline, standardize and automate internal and external reporting. Work with end users to automate financial reporting and reporting.
- Support business teams through recommendation, scoping, and guidance through completion of systems and business process improvements.
- Assist in providing Tier 1 support for financial systems.
- Serves as a liaison between the Finance, IT and Purchasing departments.
- Creates and generates ad hoc finance related reports and data analysis.
- Maintains adequate internal controls and SOX compliance within the finance organization.
- Creates and executes unit tests, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing.
- Provides feedback and recommendations on process improvement opportunities, as well as assessing the potential impact of changes. Shares overall best practices with the finance organization.
- Participates in the implementation and/or upgrade of finance applications.
- Assists in the design, implementation, management and audit of finance programs, procedures, and systems.
- Support additional systems utilized in the finance organization.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or IT
- 3 years’ experience with PeopleSoft, Hyperion, or RevPro, or equivalent financial software (SAP or Oracle)
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to technical, user personnel, and management
- Solid interest and aptitude for and experience with critical, complicated analytical work and creative thinking
- Must be flexible, organized and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively document processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders including senior leadership
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships cross-functionally
- Application development and scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of technical tools such as SQL
- General knowledge of Finance, US GAAP, 606 Revenue accounting, and International
- Accounting Standards (IAS) a plus
- Knowledge of data conversion, import and export