Are you looking to gain experience in project coordination for a Fortune 200 Information Technology company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want curious and innovative minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
As a Planning & Project Management Intern, you will hold responsibility for supporting the team by providing high-quality service across all aspects of planning and projects on behalf of the practice they support. We will give you the opportunity to work directly with our key project coordinators to collaborate on projects that directly affect the business. We are looking for dedicated, hard-working individuals.What you’ll do:
- Manage projects involving implementation of new Partner technologies and solutions
- Lead the delivery of CDW projects using the proven CDW engagement methodology
- Manage overall project performance, including timelines, costs, resources, and risks
- Manage customer expectations for projects; prepare weekly/monthly status reports
- Utilize project management software including MS Project/Project Server
- Work closely with CDW teams to identify and understand the variables and requirements for the defined project
- Identify project risks and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for resolution and mitigation; perform contingency planning
- Incorporate process improvement and change management strategies in planning
- Prepare QA specifications to guide and measure the success of the project deliverables
What we’re looking for:
Our interview process:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students with a junior or senior status with a graduation date of December 2019, May 2020, December 2020 or May 2021.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer.
- Team oriented; develops positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- General computer and email proficiency
- Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker.
Please know that your application is being reviewed by a member of the Internship Recruiting Team. Once you apply, you will receive an invite via email to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera attached to it. Once you complete it, your interview comes straight back to the hiring team here at CDW. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it.
This is your chance to record responses to four questions on your own time for our Team to better get to know you. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application and digital interview, and we will be in-touch with next steps in the process. Team culture:
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and recognitions:
- Ranked #189 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #134 on Forbes’ list of America’s Best Employers
- Ranked #81 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work U.S.
CDW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and expansive work environment. All applicants who are qualified will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at Helpdesk-Recruiting@cdw.com.