This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Developing system applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
Technically manage complex and large scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers and architects (when appropriate) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Proactively updated stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology and serves as a mentor for Application Developers and Associate Application Developers.
- Travel between local facilities may be necessary.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- 5 years in application development.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent working experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Working knowledge in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional data design and development techniques including star schema, snowflake schema, cube design, ETL and others.
- Experience (5+ years) with data warehousing tools such as MS SQL Server, MSAS, DTS, MDX, Hyperion Essbase, Informatica, and others.
- Experience (5+ years) with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as Cognos, Business Objects, ProClarity, Excel Pivot Table Service for OLAP, XMLA, Crystal and others.
- Solid knowledge of at least one CDW business function/area.
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time