The Supervisor, Partner Finance oversees the billing, claiming, collecting, cash application for Partner Funded Programs offered to CDW from our Vendor Partners. This individual also oversees the regular reporting of balances and DSO efforts for assigned team member. These programs include, but are not limited to, the following examples: Market Development Funds (MDF)/Cooperative Advertising, Sales Incentives (Spiffs), Volume Incentive Rebates (VIR), Rebates, Bids and Partner Funded Headcount.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage a team of specialists to ensure all partner funded programs are collected in full and in a timely manner, including performance management, coaching, and development.
- Act as a liaison between Finance and Partner & Product Management (PPM) to track programs such as marketing plans and VIR programs by quarter and for the full year.
- Serve as the primary contact between vendor representatives (Partner) and Partner Finance for the relevant programs.
- Manage billing and claiming process for all Vendor Funded Programs: Market Development Funds/Cooperative Advertising, Sales Incentives, VIRs and Partner Funded Headcount.
- Manage the distribution of invoices, statements and support (accumulation of proof of performance) for marketing plans to vendors participating in various advertising programs. Manage the distribution of invoices/creation of claims, statements and support (i.e. EDC information) for volume incentive programs.
- Handle processing of vendor claims, analyze disputes, and discuss collection issues with PPM.
- Ensure the tracking, billing, and collecting for all Sales Incentives. This includes supervising the claiming of HP Spiffs via the Spiff Depot process.
- Supervise the cash collection and application process and provide updates on collection issues.
- Act as main contact responsible for Peoplesoft Accounts Receivable, Billing and Contracts module.
- Coordinate with Specialists and PPM to ensure the effective and timely application of available in-house funds.
- Hold team accountable for providing information regarding accounting implications and discrepancies to management, peers and assigned stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in Billing and/or Collections.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Ability to proactively identify problems and present resolution.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous supervisory experience