The Sr. Manager, Program Delivery & Integration reports to the team’s Director and maintains both managerial and delivery responsibilities. This position will be responsible for integrating newly acquired companies, segments, and practices. The position will work with key stakeholders to translate deal strategy into integration success, focus on identifying sources of transaction value and developing measurable key success factors to track integration achievement, and lead program management activities across the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) life cycle, including schedule and scope development, issue and risk management, and strategic planning and analysis. This Sr Manager will support the diligence process, including framing diligence objectives, structuring effective teams, and reporting key findings to senior management. Other key functions include developing consolidated master schedules, leading teams to meet defined integration milestones, leverage problem solving expertise to resolve highly complex and sensitive issues, and coordinating change management planning to support integration success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Act as a trusted advisor and partner to key executives and stakeholders within the business by building relationships and fostering an environment built on collaboration, execution excellence, and continuous improvement
- Lead integration planning and delivery efforts with Corporate Development, senior executives, functional team leads, and the project sponsor(s). Responsible for supporting the end-to-end Merger and Acquisition processes beginning with due diligence to post merger integration.
- Coordinate with functional teams to develop/refine workstream specific integration plans and playbooks that incorporate identified challenges, objectives, and stated milestones
- Manage the overall process and timing for integration activities, conducting regular team meetings, monitoring status and driving proactive escalation/resolution of issues
- Serve as trusted advisor and key resource to all integration teams, ensuring collaboration and information sharing among workstreams by managing cross-functional relationships through transparency, effective communication, and frequent updates
- Manage a team of Program Managers and Technical Program Managers who lead M&A projects. Assign people and resources to specific M&A transactions, provide guidance and mentorship. Manage a portfolio of technology M&A programs - schedule, deliverables, cost and resources.
- Manage and drive improvements to the M&A process and technology integration framework. Improve project management processes and drive efficiencies.
- Lead and own all aspects of the integration process, including development of detailed project plans, continuous identification and assessment of interdependencies and risks within each integration phase, and ensuring the proper success measure are established.
- Support development of communications and change management strategy for new acquisitions.
- Attract, build, and mentor a talent pool that builds bench strength and allows for succession planning
- Support the development and management of project business cases, scope, goals, objectives and risks.
- Develop and support stakeholder communication processes for project-level status and other communication required to support successful delivery and management of business expectations.
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution process and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Monitor financial delivery and issue management processes, escalating issues and variances to budgets where necessary.
- Conduct surveys and post-mortems with relevant stakeholders to work on continuous improvement of diligence and integration processes and best practices
- Proactively promote effective teamwork and consistence project-based performance measurement and skill development of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related fields.
- 10 years’ experience in client facing, delivery, business analysis, & design roles implementing technology-based solutions.
- 8 years of Project Management experience leading projects and programs
- 5 years’ experience leading complex multi-stream merger integrations, carve-outs, business transformation and change management
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience in leading projects of all sizes and complexities.
- Proven ability to think strategically about acquisition objectives and map the strategy into integration project plan
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects and adjust plans.
- Rigorous process orientation and exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated track record of working with and influencing senior internal and external stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with coworkers of all levels.
- Track record of building, mentoring, and developing a strong team.
- Master’s Degree
- PMP Certification