The Application Development Manager is responsible for overall team delivery of architecture, design, development, quality assurance and support for various web and mobile technologies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Determine work requirements, priorities, and best use of resources for development projects as well as for unplanned incidents.
- Direct and focus the efforts of technical project teams and draw appropriate resources together to address technical issues.
- Guide staff on procedures, technical issues, work priorities, and special requests.
- Oversee assigned team projects and provide high-level status reporting to management on a weekly basis.
- Create/review detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Review technical decisions to ensure they meet designated design goals.
- Develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Professionally develop and mentor the Applications Development team through coaching, feedback and performance conversations.
- Act as the lead to assist with the technological direction of the team.
- Collaborate with various business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Participate in the planning; prioritization and resource allocation for manage workflow and projects.
- Participate in application architecture and framework design.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals articulated in product road map.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- 8 years in application development.
- 2 years of experience in application development leadership.
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience in lead roles on software development teams and managing implementation projects that utilize web technologies.
- Experience with the product life cycle and strong understanding of the role of methodology.
- Working knowledge of business functions and a successful history of solution implementation.
- Solid experience using software design support tools and productivity suites such as
- Microsoft Visio, Office, and Project.
- Highly proficient using the Windows Operating System.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Solid business and technical acumen.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Previous management experience.
- Advanced degree a plus.
For Enterprise Management Systems:
- Experience in PeopleSoft development and configuration, integration tools, data mapping, and report creation functions or similar vendor package experience.
- Ability to research and evaluate vendor software as a business solution.
- Understanding of fit gap analysis process.