The Security Engineer manages, maintains and implements the capacity planning and optimization of CDW’s network security infrastructure. This role applies experienced knowledge and skills to deliver secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible infrastructure for CDW’s operations. Additionally, the Security Engineer also supports and troubleshoots network and application problems and coordinates implementations with CDW staff and vendor personnel.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Implement and manage systems patching to protect from potential risk reported by Microsoft, Cisco or any security organization.
- Implement and manage URL proxy devices.
- Perform risk analysis for potential security issues to ensure secure applications and data.
- Maintains network security and data protection through monitoring of devices, software authenticity and firewall protection.
- Maintains communications system requirements including perimeter devices such as firewalls in support of communications.
- Assist in business continuity planning for infrastructure.
- Intrusion or penetration experience to identify potential data loss risks.
- Support security policies, practices and guidelines for the server infrastructure.
- Understand existing IT security policies and make recommendations for change as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge with security framework, application security and technology advancements in the IT industry.
Other Required Qualifications
- Advanced experience and knowledge in all principles of Network Technology, including but not limited to Intrusion Detection, Network Access Control, Network Strategies, Design, VPN solutions and Cisco Platforms.
- Knowledge of Cisco Network, Security and Voice products.
- Extensive understanding of Client /Server and Web Application components.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects.
- Ability to multi-task organize and prioritize
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP).
- Security + certification.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or similar certification.
- CISSP, ISSEP, CPTS, CPTE, CISM certifications preferred.