Coordinates aspects of a product or service offering project for a client, from inception to installation. Involved in interaction with sales, consultants, and other members of cross-functional teams. Project is typically focused on the delivery of a new or enhanced product to a client. Project administration skills, rather than technical skills, are key, but a technical background is often required to manage competing interests. Typically oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment. This position works closely with Project Managers and Management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Independently administrates projects adhering to CDW’s project management methodology.
- Monitors, interprets and communicates project budget.
- Ensures that time, expenses and invoices are accurately tracked and approved against the project in a timely manner.
- With project team, validates initial project scope and estimates. Manages change order process when under 20% of the total estimate. Seeks advice on more involved change orders.
- Ensures all items defined in CDW Statement of Work are delivered.
- Communicates high level schedule to the project team.
- Understand the value of project management to the delivery of services.
- Aids in identifying proper resources and optimizing billable schedules, monitoring and adjusting assignments as necessary.
- Documents, tracks and communicates project issues, aids in bringing to resolution.
- Manages equipment, software, licensing and outside services procurement and delivery schedules.
- Documents lessons learned and shares appropriately with colleagues.
- Accountable to CDW management for project results. Is fiscally responsible to the client, the project and to CDW.
- Instills trust with our clients by building relationships with the project team.
- Identifies difficult situations with client and/or project team and escalates to account team and management.
- Coordinates team efforts to consistently meet project success factors and exceed client expectations.
- Reviews delegated tasks to insure timely and accurate completion.
- Shares lessons learned information across the project administration team.
- Provides the appropriate documentation (high level schedules/timelines, status updates, closure summary, etc.) for projects.
- Communicates all aspects of projects to the appropriate project team members.
- Has clear and concise communication. Leads and facilitates both live and virtual meetings. Keeps meetings on track, on topic and summarizes assigns and publishes follow up items in a timely manner.
- Adapts communication style and medium to the audience needs.
- Works with account team and management to prepare and deliver difficult information.
- Can effectively build consensus with the project team.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Listens and observes in the client environment for additional opportunities.
- Brings forth possible opportunities or cross-selling additional products and services to Account Executive or Manager.
- Recognizes the need for negotiations, gathers relevant information and seeks advice from sales and management before proceeding. Works with sales and management to negotiate small changes (cost, scope, effort, schedule solution, resource commitment, etc.) to agreeable result.
- Works with team members to gather information and collaborates with project team and management to determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices through research, conferences, training seminars and participation in professional associations. Participate actively as a member of virtual teams and assist peers as appropriate. Is a passionate learner, actively looking for opportunities to expand project management skills. Take full advantage of available Education and Certification resources and actively participate in CDW and Partner events.
- Bachelor degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience.
- One to three years’ experience in delivery of Infrastructure Project Management.
Other Required Qualifications
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies including at least one that is iterative (non-waterfall).
- Must be proficient in solving business problems, applying technology and frameworks and be capable of demonstrating proficiencies in Enterprise IT infrastructure issues.
- Understands the core level technologies within one practice, i.e. Unified Communications.
- Working knowledge of the cost, timeline, and resources necessary in deploying technology solutions.
- A professional, customer-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers is a must
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective.