The Security and Safety Team Lead is responsible to maintain the secure use of organizational assets and a safe working environment. This role works under the general direction of the Security Supervisor and assists in overseeing a team of security coworkers, including external contractors and occasionally serves as the liaison between the security team and department management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coach and mentor junior team members.
- Assist with maintaining team’s compliance with all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Coordinate, track and document all time and attendance, and training for the Contract Security Officers / Field Management coworkers.
- Collaborate with the Security Supervisor and Manager on security, loss prevention and safety issues, including investigations.
- Escalate coworker and contractor issues to Supervisor.
- Accountable for proper radio nomenclature and etiquette for the team, for any emergency and non-emergency activity.
- Observe drivers, messengers, and contractors entering and exiting the warehouse through the use of computer sign in log / badges and walk through and hand held metal detectors.
- Coordinate driver escorts to the docks and ensure that the driver’s log in properly.
- Urgently respond to emergency situations such as a fire, civil disturbance, bomb threat, explosion, flood, workplace violence, and other similar types of business interruptions covered in the company’s Business Continuity Program (BCP) at the appropriate level.
- Continuous standing and/or walking.
- Frequent lifting, pulling or pushing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Occasional lifting, pulling or pushing over 50lbs. with assistance.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- Work after hours and weekends as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year security experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to stand, walk and move quickly for 8 hours or more per day.
- Knowledge of appropriate two-way radio communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick and sound decision-making in an emergency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.