CDW Advanced Consulting Services “CAS” provides thought leadership in IT transformation perfectly aligning IT strategy with business process to better leverage resources and infrastructure in achieving quantifiably tangible results to core business initiatives
The Technology Architect provides recommendations pertaining to key objectives in which technology and business process solution combine to solve a given challenge. The Architect works to develop an integrated view by making technical recommendations pertaining to engagements as well as solving problems by analyzing requirements and evaluating alternatives.
Technology Architects are technology thought leaders at CDW. They will be the overall technical leader for infrastructure and application development solutions with focus on the following activities:
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Works with Services Readiness Management to create and maintain a strategic vision for application development within CDW.
- Acts as a client advisor on technical solutions
- Owns lifecycle planning around solution development initiatives.
- Develop roadmaps and identifying potential technology initiatives.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and governance for CDW’s solution consulting teams.
- Develops strategy and manages knowledge base and intellectual property Assets.
- Addresses our significant opportunities, coordinating technical services plans across the services units and the solution architect teams, and supporting new technologies.
The incumbent of this position will:
- Planning – participate in kickoff meetings, build solution implementation roadmaps, collaborate with Engagement Managers, Managing Consultants or Senior Engineers to ensure successful execution of project plans, as required by customers
- Design – create and / or evaluate technical designs for customer systems, develop test plans, build proof of concepts and participate in design reviews to ensure alignment with customer’s business requirements
- Product Evaluation – collaborate with vendors and partners identifying technical solutions core to resolving business initiatives working with the Business Architect to validate the client economic viability of a given solution.
- Technology Labs – lead the build-out of engineering labs. This includes driving procurement strategies, vendor early-field trials (EFT’s), and lab documentation and administration.
- Intellectual Property Development – build standard operating procedures for solution implementation and support, author technical white papers, construct tools and processes to reduce the cost of delivering projects, create a standard Engineer toolkit, build virtual labs for internal, hands-on training, implement and deliver customer training and present at vendor partner conferences.
- Assist in pre-sales support of related opportunities across all geographies.
- Provide internal assistance for solution offering development.
- Assist as needed in presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Assist Practice Architect in the development of proposals and client deliverables.
- Able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations with client, colleagues and manager.
- Assist in the develop of proposals based on customer requirements and restrictions
- Communication excellence through creative written and oral communications.
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills.
- Provides a high degree of collaboration with sales personnel. Involve appropriate resources to ensure win and success of projects. Demonstrate judgment in the engagement of those resources.
- Provide feedback to Management groups concerning trends and opportunities
- Participation in project definition, scope, objectives, risks and approach
- Work closely with CDW engineers to identify and understand the variables and requirements for projects
- Expected billable utilization – 50%
- Bachelor degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience.
- Eight or more years experience in assessing business drivers and translating into qualifiable and quantifiable and tactical solutions.
- Five or more years experience establishing strategic direction.
- This position may require the ability to travel average of 50%.
Other Required Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, operating systems, high availability and IT communications
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communications skills
- Exceptional meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent creative writing and documentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong business skills
- Exceptional leadership and team skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments
- Demonstrates skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and with complex problems to solve.
- Experience providing project oversight, management, technical leadership or engineer mentoring.
- Demonstrated intellectual property development. For example, whitepapers, template deliverables, solutions, case studies, etc.