This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Project Manager (SPM), IT Program Delivery and Strategy reports to the Senior Manager / Manager and will lead complex and large scope IT projects through the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The SPM is the key driver for ensuring business solutions are delivered on time, on budget and meets stated business objectives. The SPM provides senior management and other business stakeholders with regular project updates, maintains strong business partner relationships, identifies project risks early and provides timely recommendations for risk mitigation. Beyond typical project management activities this role will be involved in, but not limited to: internal/external partner management, business partner satisfaction/experience, communications, quality and continuous improvement, program delivery innovation, and IT strategic thought leadership.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Execute projects according to the CDW project management methodology and guidelines.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the following work products: project scope definition, project plan, status reporting, overall project communication, resource allocation and budget.
- Hold project team accountable for other SDLC work product such as design documents, solution architecture, unit testing, and deployment planning.
- Conduct status meetings; develop status reports; track issues to resolution and assist with change control activities.
- Assist business partners with quantitative and qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver a solution.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to clarify and agree upon requirements and business objectives, as well as acquire the necessary commitments and approvals to move projects through stage gates.
- Serve as a thought partner to business and provide a consultative approach to the execution of initiatives.
- Cultivate relationships with domain experts spanning multiple functions and technology platforms.
- Harness internal and external relationships to drive organizational change.
- Apply a solution based approach to a business problem to determine the root cause and resolution alternatives.
- Assist QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Maintain project and program data in enterprise Project Management Tool.
- Ensure accurate time reporting by project teams in accordance to CDW policies and guidelines
- Serve as conduit for cross-functional collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Maintain an enterprise view of processes and platforms to solve complex issues through creativity and innovation.
- Works as a business area liaison to understand the functions of that area and act as a primary contact for managing new project requests.
- Work very closely with Business Analysts to ensure comprehensive requirements are delivered upon.
- Assist business partners with assessing organizational readiness for change.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 12 years experience in business analysis, process design and application development focusing on IT technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field – or demonstrated, equivalent experience.
- 8 years Project Management Experience, including evaluation and estimation of large, high-risk initiatives, working under project management methodology.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to lead enterprise wide, resource intensive and highly complex initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to take a business need and offer a strategic solution with the company’s direction in mind.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor junior team members and other professionals.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of data processing fundamentals including database design, structured and objects oriented programming techniques, IT infrastructure (networking and hardware).
- History of leading project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles.
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders for a positive outcome.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft and IBM platforms.
- Master’s degree in Business or Advanced Information Technologies.
- Project Management Certifications
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time