This job posting is no longer active
The Lead Application Developer is responsible for designing and developing integration solutions and artifacts, securing
and managing APIs, and partnering with the architecture team in laying out the strategic direction for services and APIs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform all stages of the software development life cycle, self-manage activities on smaller projects and serve as
technical lead on small, medium and large projects.
- Determine operating requirements, costs, as well as resource needs for assigned projects and work in conjunction with a
project manager on initiatives.
- Co-lead with Project Manager employing object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis,
object modeling, and database schema design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met.
- Participate in application architecture planning (including system partitioning and framework design) to determine optimal
solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Lead / develop:
- High-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes;
- Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team;
- System test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals
- Detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements and business needs.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map and by management.
- Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business
problem being solved.
- Draw appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues.
- Direct and focus the efforts of the technical project team.
- Monitor progress of project teams.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Ability to multi-task; organize and prioritize.
Responsibilities - Integration
- Leads the analysis, design, development, performance tuning and testing activities for integration solutions.
- Shares knowledge and drives understanding of integration best practices across the application development teams.
- Creates and maintains technical design and support documentation.
- Leads team members and serves as a mentor to less experienced developers.
- Uses past integration experience to solve complex issues and develop quality supportable solutions that adhere to standards.
- Leads day-to-day development and maintenance activities for the ESB.
- Contributes to defining and estimating timelines, costs, and feasibility for integration projects.
- Designs and/or documents process models and flows, rules, and solutions.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 10 years application development experience, or 7 years CDW Application Development experience.
Integration specific Qualification
- 8+ years of experience developing and designing integration solutions using an ESB using IIB.
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience working with API Management platforms, including securing REST/SOAP services, building Swagger specs,
managing API traffic flow, etc.
- Expertise in designing, building, and maintaining SOAP Web Services, REST/JSON services, with experience building
and maintaining MQ-based services a plus.
- Experience with building Java applications.
- Experience using XML, XSL/XSLT, JSON, SAML, OAUTH.
- Excellent knowledge of data integration, technical orchestration, and integration patterns.
- Strong technical experience in the systems and technologies being integrated (databases, applications, etc.).
- Integration developer who should have hands on experience working with MQ and IBM Integration Bus v10 or above.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus (formerly WebSphere Message Broker) cluster
setup and configuration.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot using a variety of resources.
- Ability to accurately estimate work effort and deliver to that estimate.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills