This job posting is no longer active
The Manager of U.S Corporate Accounting manages day-to-day activities that support accounting activities for CDW Group. This includes responsibility for monthly close activities, managing coworkers on the team, liaising with non-US subsidiaries, working with external and internal auditors, understanding variances to either prior periods or plan, and performing special projects as needed.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages a team of professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management
- Acts as liaison between Finance and other departments within the organization
- Develops and maintains applicable accounting policies and procedures for areas under control
- Ensures that adequate financial controls are in place and are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Coordinates monthly financial closes, set deadlines and standards for completion of financial statements
- Responsible for the monthly consolidation for CDW Group within Hyperion Financial Management
- Works with external and internal auditors to ensure financial statements adhere to accounting policies and good financial controls
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of data within Hyperion Financial Management (used for external financial reporting purposes)
- Oversight of the PeopleSoft general ledger system
- Consolidation of CDW results
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts (including intercompany) within the Blackline system
- Coordinates and works on special projects as needed
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 5 years of accounting experience.
- 1 year of management experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with ability to apply them in a business analysis situation
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Proficient knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley controls and requirements
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-functionally
- Proven supervisory skills
- Strong knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management, including the consolidation process
- Experience with ERP packages, including PeopleSoft general ledger, and other analytical tools such as Hyperion/Essbase, Cognos, etc.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%