This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Manager, Coworker Services Business Partner guides and oversees the implementation of strategic initiatives, corporate policy, and practices at the business unit level with the responsibility of advising executive leadership of CDW International business units including Canada and the UK. This role collaborates with senior and executive leadership across the organization to facilitate the development of human capital, support CDW’s international go-to-market strategy and lead critical change initiatives focused on driving best in class performance, engagement and culture. The Senior Manager leads and collaborates with the local HR teams across multiple facilities in developing and implementing solutions through culture, processes and best practices while ensuring compliance of all internal policies and Federal/State laws. Additionally, this role is involved in the more complex issues through a systematic approach by gathering information, facilitating analysis and providing the support to business partners or Coworker Services senior leadership.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serves as a primary interface with senior and executive leadership for CDW international locations (across all business units). Additionally, this role will liaise across US executive leadership on alignment of international human capital strategy and policy.
- Creates annual strategic plan for international locations and exercises a high degree of analytical skill to inform planning activities.
- Develops and implements global talent management and organizational alignment / change.
- Acts as critical change management lead for international business units.
- Leads, develops, and executes functional specific initiatives (performance management, compensation, engagement, benefit strategies, merit review process and organizational change).
- Ensures overarching support from the Business Partner team for the talent review process and appropriate organizational succession planning.
- Oversees a team of Business Partners by providing coaching, development and performance management to direct reports.
- Proposes, implements, and communicates changes to CDW’s policies and procedures to necessary stakeholders.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Federal/State laws.
- Oversees team analysis on advanced employee relations issues to make decisions and recommendations and is the escalation point for situations with senior leadership and/or complex situations.
- Negotiates and manages EEOC and state charges.
- Identify and establish strategic practices that increase retention rates and foster coworker engagement.
- Review and approve involuntary separations to ensure appropriate practices were followed and the decision making process is just.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support organizational initiatives that aid CDW in achieving company-wide objectives.
- Travel 20-25%.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 years’ business facing human resources experience in various disciplines, such as HR generalist experience in a population of 500+ employees.
- 5 years’ management experience.
- Prior experience supporting international business units and/or working for a global organization.
Other Required Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of human resource legislation and Federal, State, and Local employment laws.
- International HR experience and leadership.
- Well versed in multiple HR disciplines such as compensation, organizational development and design, recruiting, HRIS and/or benefits.
- Strong business acumen, strategic planning, analytical skills and data management.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to lead and engage a high-performance team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels in a constructive, balanced and professional manner.
- History of working in a matrix environment.
- Executive presence and strong presentation ability.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated change agent and can influence organizational change.
- Track record in performance and success management.
- Ability to work across cultures.
- Proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters. Ability to collaborate with and influence senior-level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities/projects with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines and providing high quality work and service levels.
- History of building and maintaining productive working relationships.
- Prior Global HR experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- PeopleSoft experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%