The Sr. Finance Technology Specialist has primary responsibility for analysis, design, implementation, testing, maintenance and operational aspects of CDW’s Financial systems ranging from PeopleSoft Financials to Zuora RevPro, to EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) applications. Responsibilities may include implementing and maintaining Oracle Hyperion tools including Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management or Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDM or FDMEE), Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM), Enterprise Performance Management Architect (EPMA), Essbase, Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio (HFR), and SmartView. The role provides support, guidance, and technical expertise to stakeholders on system requirements and issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and manage opportunities to improve or automate work that will result in more effective, efficient, and accurate finance processes.
- Contribute ideas to the technical, process improvement, and organizational design solutions.
- Work with team coworkers cross-functionally to define the project scope, outline potential solutions, assess the risk and impact of change and communicate the anticipated benefits to the organization.
Hyperion+ Support Focus
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Primary responsibility is functional administration of existing Hyperion applications. Includes, but not limited to, security administration, metadata and other system changes, and data migration.
- Support Oracle EPM/ Hyperion system implementations, enhancements and upgrades. Assist with technical infrastructure issues.
- Support system development and improvements to streamline, standardize and automate internal and external reporting. Work with end users to automate financial reporting and reporting packages in HFR and SmartView.
- Support of Zuora RevPro revenue recognition solution. Work with supplier and end users to address functional and integration issues.
- Support business teams through recommendation, scoping, and guidance through completion of systems and business process improvements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather business requirements and work with functional community to provide requested information.
- Assist in providing Hyperion Tier 1 support for Hyperion users.
- Define, translate and document business requirements into Hyperion solutions through design, development and testing.
- Develop unit tests, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing.
- Mentor and guide coworkers/contractor resources to deliver new capabilities in business applications or remediate issues.
- Perform/coordinate coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions.
- Oversee data validation (data integrity).
- Create calculation scripts (write/maintain/enhance) based on business requirements.
- Develop and administer security protocols.
- Coordinate and manage activities with IT team as required.
- Act as back-up support for other financial systems.
- Knowledge of Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Financial Reporting.
- Experience with Hyperion development including but not limited to Outlines, Load Rules, Calculation Scripts, Partitions, Web Forms and Security.
- Experience with optimization of Essbase Cubes and Planning applications.
- Experience with building applications using Financial Data Quality Management. (FDM).
- Experience migrating Planning applications using Life Cycle Management (LCM).
- A combination of 3 plus years of experience with FDM and Financial Reporting (Planning, Essbase and FDMEE a plus).
- General knowledge of US GAAP, 606 Revenue accounting, and International Accounting Standards (IAS) a plus.
Peoplesoft+ Support Focus
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serves as a liaison between the Finance, IT and Purchasing departments.
- Administers PeopleSoft security, manages business configuration rules and/or table values, develops queries and reports and troubleshoots overall PeopleSoft Financials issues.
- Creates and generates ad hoc finance related reports and data analysis.
- Maintains adequate internal controls and SOX compliance within the finance organization.
- Analyzes user/vendor needs to establish system design, file requirements and processing specifications.
- Creates and executes unit tests, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing.
- Provides feedback and recommendations on process improvement opportunities, as well as assessing the potential impact of changes. Shares overall best practices with the finance organization.
- Participates in the implementation and/or upgrade of PeopleSoft applications. Assists in the design, implementation, management and audit of finance programs, procedures, and systems.
- Support additional systems utilized in the finance organization (intranet and internet A/P related applications, Changepoint, and iSeries).
- Knowledge of data conversion, import and export.
- Knowledge of AP terminology, business practices and procedures.
- Familiar with document management systems and optical character recognition software.
Peoplesoft Query experience.
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server. Ability to test and debug existing and new applications.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- BA/BS in Information Technology/CS or Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience with strong technical background.
- 3 years of experience with financial systems support.
Other Required Qualifications
- Application development and scripting knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to technical, user personnel, and management.
- Knowledge of technical tools such as SQL.
- Solid interest and aptitude for and experience with critical, complicated analytical work and creative thinking.
- Must be flexible, organized and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively document processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships cross-functionally.