This job posting is no longer active
The Principal, Finance Process Control manages technology, process improvement, and/or organization design endeavors needed by the finance organization; collaborates with functional leaders, IT team members, and external people to deliver successful results; evaluates efforts and shares learning’s; coaches and mentors peers and team members on ways to deliver project results.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures delivery of strategic Finance-based initiatives:
- Validates goals and gains agreement to how to measure results.
- Structures change management/adoption approach.
- Validates governance structure.
- Partners with internal and external resources needed for initiatives.
- Contributes ideas to the technical, process improvement, and organizational design solutions.
- Serves as the Product Owner to CDW’s Finance Data Strategy & Management.
- Responsible for maximizing the results of all technical changes/enhancements/fixes to a specific solution/application (i.e., FDM).
- Leads implementation of data governance operations model, and ultimately manages this area.
- Analyzes functional (project) data in order to develop ideas, approaches, and strategies for solutions.
- Constantly manages priorities for what needs to happen next with technical changes.
- Acts as data domain steward.
- Liaisons and collaborates with other functions that use Finance data.
- Sets data strategy and manages Finance Enterprise Data Model needs
- Applies knowledge of Finance measures and reporting in order to manage financial data domain – documenting data classification rules, compliance rules, and business rules for data in financial domain.
- Responsible for vision of management of financial data management application/solution.
- Participates in Strategic Roadmap Planning for the Finance organization, as related to Product Owner/Data Stewardship responsibilities.
- Distributes knowledge/experience throughout the finance organization, and CDW:
- Participates in cross-functional initiative reviews.
- Develops and delivers training and/or business-focused methodologies to finance team (e.g., adoption, change management).
- Builds relationships with internal and external people to continue to learn and share knowledge.
- Participates in cross-functional committees/teams to continue to learn and contribute ideas, approaches, tactics, and strategies.
- Creates artifacts, white papers, decks, articles to share within CDW.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives
Other Required Qualifications
- Solid, current technical knowledge of how to establish structure to support successful initiatives including technical development life cycles, process improvement and organization design best practices, and change management strategies.
- Understanding and interest in the value data and analytics plays in assisting Finance in its business advisory role.
- Solid ability and proven track record to partner with teams of internal and/or external people. Excellent interpersonal skills capable of interfacing effectively with key stakeholders; must possess team orientation.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to plan and facilitate information gathering and idea creation.
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proven successful management of the full life cycle of complex technology/process improvement programs with package software and custom-developed applications.
- Data Stewardship
- Scrum or Agile-based delivery
- Experience with full life cycle of custom development of information systems/applications.
- Management consulting experience.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%