The Xerox MPS Program Manager position is primarily focused driving profitable recurring Xerox print category-related revenue leveraging the various Xerox managed print programs CDW is authorized to resell. The Program Manager will promote the Xerox brand and work with – and on behalf of – CDW Sales and Print Solutions Specialists, partnering with and leveraging Xerox sales and support personnel and resources to identify, qualify and close contractual print opportunities. In addition, the Program Manager is responsible for working with Xerox and CDW post-sales support personnel to ensure customers are successfully onboarded into their Xerox MPS program of choice.
- Develop and maintain a sales-facing message and value proposition around the MPS programs offered by CDW, both CDW-branded and Xerox’s own branded programs (collectively referred to as MPS in this document).
- Communicate and implement CDW’s sales force engagement strategy for MPS.
- In conjunction with PPM, communicate, implement and review CDW’s go-to-market strategy for MPS to CDW Sales Management.
- Develop and deliver internal MPS awareness and/or training materials uniquely tailored for different CDW audiences (i.e. – Executives, Directors, Sales Managers, Account Managers, Field Account Executives) in all CDW locations.
- Work with Marketing, Merchandising, and PPM to assist, where appropriate, on development of the below for the Xerox MPS programs:
- Customer marketing collateral (Whitepapers, Case studies, etc.)
- CDW.COM – MPS Landing Page
- Webinars - Podcasts
- Work with other departments at CDW to further relationships with customers, CDW, Xerox, and Account Managers.
- Assist Xerox with internal marketing efforts at CDW designed to increase sales. (i.e. - Floor days, Spiffs, & Contests)
- Work with the Xerox CDW-based sales team and CDW AMs to identify, qualify and pursue sales opportunities
- Maintain a list of all Xerox sales opportunities (transactional and contractual), providing details including dollar value, estimated close date, etc. as requested by Xerox and CDW management
- Develop and maintain relationships with Xerox field reps and engage them as needed on larger opportunities. Coordinate the on-site sales activities of the Xerox field reps within CDW accounts
- Conduct or coordinate print assessment activities, where appropriate
- Participate in the strategy and goal setting of each deal through identifying existing or emerging challenges and recommending an appropriate solution.
- Analyze and solve complex client business needs by understanding the situation and applying technical knowledge.
- Conduct conference calls and onsite visits (where appropriate) with prospective customers in the pursuit of sales of Xerox devices and closure of Xerox MPS contracts
- Assist CDW AMs and prospective customers with Xerox product selection, recommendations and quoting
- Assist the CDW AMs and CDW Print Solutions Specialists with responding to RFPs and building and presenting proposals
- Assist CDW AMs with the placement of orders and ensure devices are configured correctly and have analyst services attached, where appropriate
- Monitor Xerox device orders and assist with the coordination of delivery with the customer, distributor, Rigger and Xerox analyst
- Collect necessary information and submit contract requests
- Manage Xerox Sales and Marketing Exception (SME) pricing requests
- Set AM expectations and communicate the process involved with the sale of devices to be managed under a Xerox contract, including ordering, contracting, delivery, entitlement and billing
- Coordinate a successful ‘handoff’ of the signed deal to the Xerox Business Development Specialist (BDS)
- Notify the Xerox BDS of new customer equipment purchases so devices can be added to an existing contract
Sales Activities Mix
- 50% reactive / 50% proactive
- Standard work schedule is 8-5, but candidate must be flexible.
- Occasional travel will be required.
Assigned Account Teams and Customer Base
- All geographical territories covering all segments.
- Bachelor’s (preferred) or Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years sales and business analysis or equivalent experience
- Experience and demonstrated advanced skills with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and understanding of, and experience working with, CDW’s internal systems and reporting tools
- Firm understanding of financial concepts and ability to apply them to business reporting and financial analysis
- Ability and willingness to conduct research and learn new systems/reports
- Demonstrated strict attention to detail, accuracy and completeness
- Customer-focused (internal and external customers) attitude and approach to all activities
- Proven track record of high satisfaction ratings from project stakeholders
- Committed to building and maintaining strong working relationships with customers, partners, management, team members and coworkers in other departments
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize project work
- Ability to work proactively and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications and Training:
- None initially.
- Must complete the following within the first 3 months after hire:
- Formal product sales training on Partner hardware, consumables and MPS programs.
- Complete the Effective Presentations course.