This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Project Manager, Performance Excellence is responsible for partnering with functional leaders to develop effective, high-quality business strategies as an internal advisor. This role will entail leading and managing complex or large projects across a wide range of functions and processes to drive the execution of business or technology solutions needed to achieve the measurable business results. The role will leverage continuous improvement, program delivery innovation and thought leadership to ensure projects and programs are delivered on time, on budget and meet the stated business objectives. The role will also provide senior management and other business stakeholders with regular updates, maintain strong business partner relationships, identify project challenges and provide timely recommendations for risk mitigation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and lead key business relationships to conduct current assessments, evaluate pain points and discover opportunities to deliver value to the company
- Gain deeper understanding of the business through interviews and focus groups.
- Conduct ad hoc and ongoing analysis using structured problem-solving/insights.
- Perform gap analyses to determine areas that need to be addressed based on current versus future state.
- Create solutions and define future state visions and prioritization of opportunity areas that deliver value across people, process, technology, and information.
- Identify a realistic and executable strategy focused on planning and developing roadmaps, communication plans, governance structures and investment prioritization for execution
- Act as a trusted advisor and work in a high-collaborative team environment and develop deep relationships at all levels of organizations.
- Structure analyses and provide thought leadership needed to evaluate performance and drive business decisions (including defining logic, business rules and assumptions).
- Deliver analyses and insights to identify, extract and analyze data.
- Design and develop PowerPoint decks and associated talking points to effectively communicate progress and results.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PM)
- Independently balance and manage multiple projects, ensuring clear project definitions upfront (e.g., project scope, objectives, work streams, resources, timelines, communication and challenges) on time and budget.
- Lead large scope improvement programs/projects across multiple business units/departments to drive significant business results
- Collaborate with project managers and leaders on processes, tools and best practices to ensure best practices are employed to project work to deliver high impact results
- Engage cross-functional teams to implement new methods and ideas to facilitate successful future process improvements
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 8 years’ experience in project management, functional or business consulting, including business analysis, process design, solution evaluation, and estimation of large, high-risk initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Engineering, Information Technology or demonstrated, equivalent work experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Knowledge of a broad range of areas including:
- Business cases and ROI calculations
- Business operations design & analysis
- IT strategy development, ideation workshops, governance and effectiveness
- Strategic roadmap & execution plans
- Business Architecture and operating models
- Business process outsourcing, sourcing and vendor strategy
- Demonstrated ability to take a business need and offer a strategic solution with the company’s direction in mind.
- Demonstrated ability to lead enterprise wide, resource intensive and highly complex initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively with, and support the needs of, project team members, the IT
- PMO and business stakeholders
- A relationship builder able to team effectively with others and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders for a positive outcome
- Strong experience in change management to drive organizational impact
- Driver to deliver excellent work product and a consistently high level of service
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor junior team members and other professionals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with coworkers of all levels
- Experience using software design support tools and productivity suites such as Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project.
- Master’s Degree
- PMP Certification or Agile delivery methodology experience
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time