The Business Analyst, Performance Excellence will drive the analytical and project evaluation needs of Performance Excellence initiatives. This position will work closely with the Manager, Performance Excellence and various business leaders to drive the identification of new opportunities to create value for CDW. This role will support business and functional requirements gathering activities, business solution design and systems analysis to measure and optimize key business processes and metrics. The Business Analyst, Performance Excellence will also support reporting of key performance metrics aimed at tracking and communicating program benefits.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support activities associated with the identification of ideas to grow revenues, improve margin and/or create cost productivity to enhance CDW’s bottom line
- Build process to capture the inflow of potential Performance Excellence opportunities
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Perform high-level analyses aimed at categorizing the potential benefit/value for project ideas
- Partner with business stakeholders and IT to build Investment Funding Requests; work with business owners to validate all economic assumptions and forecasts of benefits and costs of the programs
- Work closely with Financial Planning to connect the annual planning process with the predicted impact of Performance Excellence objectives
- Support and ensure the execution of low-risk priorities
- Support the creation of quarterly business review for Executive Committee to highlight and communicate the Performance Excellence initiative’s progress against its goals
- Provide critical analysis and insight to business owners on variance from plans and assess program opportunities and risks
- Collaborate with the business on how to interpret data and reporting to drive change in behavior and leverage new program capabilities
- Drive consistency and improve cycle time of ad-hoc reporting requests
- Support on-boarding activities for external organizations assisting with Performance Excellence projects
- Build credibility and trust across stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate and support execution of various Performance Excellence projects
- Maintain macro-view of key processes, application platforms, business requirements and business functions across the organization.
- Assess existing business processes, people and technology to identify common patterns across functions.
- Supporting in assessing capabilities of the enterprise to understand where changes are needed to meet strategic goals.
5 years of experience in either finance, supply chain, operations, and/or operational reporting, in identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
Other Required Qualifications
Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Power Point
Strong experience in Excel along with a solid working knowledge of various reporting and analytical platforms
Successful history of building financial models
Demonstrated attention to detail
Ability to effectively understand complex processes and systems comprised of large data sets; must be able to synthesize data and form meaningful conclusions
Excellent interpersonal, consultative and written communication skills
Effectively interact and positively with coworkers including leadership
Track record of identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations
Demonstrated time-management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
Strong prioritization capabilities and working under pressure of deadlines