This job posting is no longer active
The Monitoring and Automation Engineer provides support for the 3rd party applications leveraged by CDW Managed Services to support our service catalog and operations. The 3rd party applications involved consist of enterprise monitoring/diagnostic, orchestration and ITSM tools.This role is a member of the team responsible for the availability, improvements to, and expansion of this toolset.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with technology owners and stakeholders to formalize requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Translate requirements into application solutions.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure service continuity as new solutions are implemented.
- Develop and maintain applications to CDW standards and quality.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management, under the direction of Senior Engineers
- Participate in Scrum activities with the rest of the application development team, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups and sprint reviews.
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
- Perform operational activities required to maintain system availability and meet the needs of customers and coworkers.
- 2 years experience in application development.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated understanding of an agile software development process
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of, project team members and stakeholders
- Possess an understanding of the stages of the software development life cycle - Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation.
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and be resourceful in order to participate in the development process
- Experience with monitoring applications including but not limited to ScienceLogic, Solarwinds, Prognosis, Zenoss.
- Experience with IT Service Management applications including but not limited to ServiceNow.
- Experience developing and using web services (REST or SOAP).
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with non-relational databases (Cassandra).
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tools (JUnit, Cucumber, Jasmine).
- Experience with version control software (Git, Gerrit, Subversion).
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management, Continuous Integration and DevOps tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Docker).
- Experience with Unix command line.
Job Category: Delivery Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%