The Director, Corporate Finance has responsibility for the preparation, consolidation, and review of CDW’s financial statements, to meet internal and external reporting requirements. This includes responsibility for the Group Consolidation, and Corporate Accounting departments, as well as having overall accounting and operational responsibility for the Commissions team. The position also works collaboratively to ensure successful integration of acquired companies into the financial reporting structure, as well as driving key process improvement initiatives across the Chief Accounting Officer function.
The responsibilities of this position require the Director, Corporate Finance to have exceptional foresight and objectivity, as well as a proven capacity for rendering mature business decisions. Well-developed skills in leading and motivating coworkers are essential, to foster an environment of accountability, excellence, collaboration, and innovation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Timely and accurate preparation, consolidation, and review of CDW’s financial statements.
- Works collaboratively with other accounting teams globally to ensure an efficient and effective month end close process that meets all required deadlines.
- Responsible for US Corporate Accounting team, including fixed assets, as well as other corporate level processes.
- Responsible for the Group Consolidation team, ensuring the overall consolidation process (including intercompany and FX translation) is efficient. This includes the timely integration of newly acquired entities.
- Responsible for the Commissions team, ensuring that sales coworker commissions are calculated, accrued, paid appropriately in accordance with CDW policies.
- Ensures that effective financial controls are in practice in the accounting function and are compliant with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ensures that accounting practices and policies are adequate and enforced, including the development of local policies as well as ensuring compliance with the Group Finance Instruction Manual.
- Works with external and internal auditors to ensure the audit process is efficient and effective.
- Oversees financial accounting and commissions workforce providing strong leadership, mentorship and coaching to attract, develop and retain a high-performing team.
- Develops direct reports to provide succession and bench strength.
- Works with other departments across CDW to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements, as well as providing support on the accounting for certain transactions.
- Works closely with the Global Accounting Advisory function to understand the impact of new accounting pronouncements and ensures the necessary changes to operational finance processes are implemented.
- Leads the operation and maintenance of the global consolidation and reporting system (Hyperion Financial Management), as well as the PeopleSoft general ledger system used within North America.
- Participates in cross-functional special projects as required. This could include involvement in potential acquisitions, as well as the integration of any acquired entities.
- Provides insight into financial trends within scope of responsibility, providing senior management with detailed reports and analysis; advises on problem matters and recommends courses of action designed to correct or reduce their impact.
- Leads monthly account substantiation process (via Blackline tool).
- Drives change and process improvement throughout the teams.
- Supports the planning processes as needed.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (or recognized foreign equivalent)
- 10 years finance and/or accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibilities
- 6 years of processive management experience
- 9 years finance and/or accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibilities
- 5 years of progressive management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience in a multinational, publicly traded organization, ideally at a Group/Consolidated level
- Strong, current technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- Solid business acumen
- Exceptional leadership, with a track record of developing talent
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership. Includes the ability to explain complex accounting and reporting issues to non-finance coworkers. Must possess a team orientated approach
- Detailed understanding of SOX requirements from a compliance standpoint
- A track record of being a strategic, forward thinker and a change agent
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the company while meeting deadlines
- A hands-on, meticulous and detailed nature, with strong analytical skills
- Excellent judgment and proven problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Hyperion Financial Management, or equivalent experience
- Public accounting background
- PeopleSoft experience