This job posting is no longer active
The Partner Software Sales Manager is responsible for the daily operations and execution of the assigned software partners specific to their line of business. This is an individual who manages a team of business development specialists and are responsible for supporting the sale of complex solutions and related services. The incumbent must plan go-to-market strategies for various sales segments at CDW, support the sales teams, and work with our strategic partners in their assigned geography. They must perform as a driver of inter-departmental collaboration and a resource in developing coworker capabilities. Strong leadership, a passion for software solutions, and the desire to build and grow the business are keys to success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage pipeline and forecasts across the business
- Communicate pipeline to key partner teams.
- Meet or exceed revenue and profit targets.
- Foster collaboration with other Practices.
- Mentor, coach and develop coworkers on the team.
- Serve as a resource for any issues escalated by software and sales.
- Drive quality and consistency in sales methodology and deliverables across the coworkers on the team and the Practice as a whole.
- Assess the skill level of each coworker under their direction and create development plans to bridge any gaps.
- Provide exceptional pre and post-sales support for assigned regions, through incumbent’s team.
- Develop and track business plans for team. Participate in quarterly business reviews.
- Ensure business plans are complete and accurate. Communicate to management any risks to business or target achievement on a monthly basis.
- Work with PPM to plan and execute marketing events/campaigns.
- Drive a profitable mix of business, focusing on the preferred solution mix, as identified by the Senior Management team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partner representatives to ensure CDW is top of mind. Expand these relationships to CDW account managers, regional managers, architects and engineers.
- Collaborate with partner’s distribution partners to leverage programs and improve processes.
- Design and modify (as needed) compensation target goals for their team.
- Grow partner solutions across CDW’s customer segments
- Research special projects per segment to grow incremental partner solution efforts
- Communicate with segment sales leadership to enhance focus on partner practice
- Increase knowledge of our customers through improved collaboration within our sales force.
- Give quarterly updates to executive management.
- Ensure Business Plans and marketing objectives are achieved.
- Prepare and give performance reviews.
- Assist in Strategic planning for partners at CDW.
- Work closely with the Solution Development group to standardize the execution and rollout of solutions & services across the Sales segments.
- Ensure our solutions drive/influence all potential profit sources including product resale, professional services and managed services.
- Ensure we build solutions that leverage our cross practice expertise and drive client value and CDW differentiation.
- Deliver results quarter by quarter.
- Manage cost and maximize ROI.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain CDW’s reputation for sales, technical and consulting excellence.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Minimum 5 years of sales management experience with inside sales direct reports
Successful selling track record
Minimum 2 years Associates Degree
Other Required Qualifications
Ability to lead teams and gain consensus.
Ability to think strategically and also deliver supporting practical execution plans.
Ability to identify and creatively resolve complex business and people issues.
Consistency in using well rounded business judgment.
Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver effective presentations.
Job Category: Specialty Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%