The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator monitors, responds to, and maintains the security systems used to protect company property and coworkers. This includes access control and intrusion detection, closed-circuit surveillance, and fire detection systems. GSOC operators also monitor paid, open, and social intelligence feeds for security incidents and disasters with the potential to create business disruptions globally, using internal tools to communicate those risks to company stakeholders.
This role requires a heightened aptitude for technical tools and computer software, and it requires the ability to multi-task under pressure. The GSOC is also a critical customer service environment, requiring frequent communications with others by phone and email. The right candidate will be a critical thinker, good at problem-solving and exceptionally level-headed; able to collaborate effectively with others, but also capable of making independent decisions while referring to internal process documents.
The GSOC is open 24/7/365, sometimes led independently by one operator, which requires a complete commitment from all team members to remain on duty until relieved and to collaborate with peers directly when emergency coverage is needed. This position is for second shift and includes some weekends and holidays.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Monitor and maintain the building’s electronic security systems, including fire protection, intrusion detection, and access control
- Monitor surveillance equipment and review historical footage to aid in the investigation of criminal activity or fraud
- Monitor global security incidents and travel safety program, using open source, paid vendor, and social media sources, to assess possible risk to coworkers, assets, and operational continuity; and communicate these risks to company leaders to aid in effective emergency decision-making
- Update access control programming for personnel IDs, ensuring the appropriate access levels based on varying responsibilities
- Participate in communications process to support business continuity and emergency response plans, using email and emergency mass notification tools
- Answer telephone calls and seek out answers to varying questions posed by company personnel; and answer emergency telephone line and provide guidance or responses to aid in the resolution of company and coworker emergencies
- Participate in security investigations, including surveillance data assessments, access history reviews, and social media analysis
- Collaborate with security operations management and security officers at different site posts
- Guarantee 24/7 coverage by remaining flexible in support of peer emergencies, such as call-offs due to illness
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent 2 years’ experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to detect urgency levels and make effective decisions under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and history of working independently and with minimal direct supervision while following procedural documents and provided tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Flexibility of schedule to accommodate varying shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field that demonstrates research and writing skills