The HRIS Reporting Analyst supports, guides, and provides technical expertise to CDW stakeholders on HR reports, system needs, and system issues. This role serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned HR technologies and ensures data validity, designs, tests, and implements complex business applications within CDW’s Human Resources systems.
CDW is a multi-threaded ecosystem consisting of PeopleSoft, Taleo Recruiting & Learning, as well as Cornerstone Performance and Succession. As an HRIS Analyst your reporting and analytic skills will be drawn upon as you support Compensation, Organizational Development and Talent Acquisition utilizing Access, Excel, Oracle Business Intelligence and writing SQL Queries.
At CDW we empower you to contribute ideas, take on new responsibilities and build on your expertise. This philosophy has been a key factor in our success and has fostered a unique working environment that has earned CDW every major corporate workplace award multiple times. Amazing opportunities lie within CDW and thanks to our highly motivated coworkers we have seen amazing success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- System Maintenance
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HR system upgrades or patches.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix.
- Maintain HR system tables. Document process and results.
- Provide support for all HR Systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process flaws.
- Perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Serve as a key liaison with third party vendors and internal cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. payroll).
- Use project management skills in managing projects.
- May provide overall project management for a given HR initiative depending on size/scope of project
- Write, generate and maintain/support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Import and export data along with data conversions
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Train HR systems users/customers on new processes/functionality.
- Train new HR system users.
Systems User Support
- Provide help-desk functional support to end users
Individual Professional Development
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies.
- Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques.
- Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge.
- Participate in external user group meetings and conferences (pre-approval may be required)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in HR Management, MIS/Computer Science, or Business Administration.
- 2 years of Human Resource experience with working knowledge of reporting in an HRIS or similar system.
Other required Qualifications
- Working knowledge of common Talent Management and core HR business practices and procedures.
- Previous experience in a Cloud based SaaS HR technology environment.
- Proven analytical skills, with critical attention to detail and demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively document processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong understanding of HR processes and data, in order to make recommendations on configuration or implementation.
- Strong understanding of HR system database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools.
- System implementation and administration experience with Cloud based vendors such as Taleo, Cornerstone, as well as previous PeopleSoft HR experience.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Proficient in Oracle’s delivered reporting tools (Oracle Business Intelligence, PeopleSoft Query tool).
- Proficient in creating databases to aggregate data from disparate systems either in Access or Power BI.