Lead Citrix Systems Engineer is accountable for the overall, designs, implementation, and optimization of the Citrix hardware and software related infrastructure. The Lead Engineer applies expert knowledge and skills to deliver a stable, secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible infrastructure for CDW’s operations. This role leads efforts focused on design, implementation, maintaining high availability, performance, and security of XenApp and NetScaler systems that can be on-premise or on cloud.
This role is expected to be highly responsive and mentor junior and senior team members on processes and train on specific applications. The Lead Systems Engineer is also a subject matter expert (SME) on various applications and processes. The Lead Systems Engineer will assist the Manager of Engineering in ensuring that all phases of Systems Support is properly coordinated, measured, and conducted at a high-level.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the deployment and management of Citrix XenApp, NetScaler, StoreFront, Web Interface, and associated environments
- Oversee end to end System Development Life Cycle of the Citrix architecture/design through to system deployment and operations.
- Collaborates with internal engineering/architecture teams to ensure the design,configuration and performance meets the needs of the Citrix service
- Recommends system upgrades and develops implementation plans
- Leads activities related to application presentation and upgrades as they relate to Citrix environments
- Leads the design and implementation of the Citrix VDI infrastructure
- Develops SOPs related to monitoring system health, alerting and response.
- Accountable addressing problems and proactively troubleshoot irregularities before they become service-impacting issues (including performance tuning)
- Gather requirements, design, and deploy server-based solutions to meet business needs.
- Work with a variety of proprietary applications for implementation and perform upgrades as required
- Develop internal documentation and procedures related to the systems infrastructure
- Assigns duties such as application support, patch management, client support activities, etc.
- Occasional update and management of scripts such as PowerShell and Windows batch script
- Regulatory audit (PCI, HIPAA, etc.) remediation Lead the technical architecture documentation for CDW’s server infrastructure.
- Identify, recommend and implement hardware upgrades and coordinates installation activities.
- Act as a technical point of reference for and mentor junior engineers.
- Collaborate with business owners to complete server project requirements.
- Participate in business continuity planning for infrastructure.
- Coordinate with IT Help Desk to communicate issue status and respond to questions.
- Rotate On-Call support responsibility.
- Support security policies, practices, and guidelines for the Citrix infrastructure.
- Researches, recommends tests and installs new software versions as required meeting business needs and using CDW best practices.
- Proactively collaborate cross-departmentally on projects.
- Work additional evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- 10% travel required.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 10 years of Citrix Engineering experience or 7 yrs. CDW Citrix engineering experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience in as a technical lead
- Experience managing Citrix NetScaler and Access Gateway
- Experience configuring Citrix Storefront
- Active Directory administration
- Working knowledge of basic database administration functions
- General troubleshooting capabilities across the OSI model
- Knowledge of general virtualization product like VMware or Hyper-V
- Experience monitoring server performance and troubleshooting problem areas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Expert working knowledge of the appropriate operating systems and physical hardware.
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relay technical information to a non-technical audience and effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to details
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Solid process documentation skills.
- FSLogix – Office 365 Container
- Vendor certifications
- Citrix : CCA, CCIE, CCEE
- VMWare: VCP, VCAP-DCA, VCAP-DCD