This job posting is no longer active
The Network Operations Center (NOC) provides 24x7x365 monitoring, email and phone coverage for two data centers and customer premise data centers. In addition to the NOC’s key role in responding to all generated alerts, the NOC is the first point of contact for immediate support issues: it plays a key role in triaging, driving notification, troubleshooting, escalating, and tracking any issues that occur in production environments.
This position will provide 24x7 operational services by deploying tools and implementing disciplined processes to provide the highest level of availability for Berbee Hosting and Managed Services customers. The NOC is responsible for service related issues impacting customers (external and internal). This person will lead and manage NOC staff and develop strategies to support and monitor services provided from multiple data centers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Initially respond to and record data center incidents.
- Resolve data center support incidents quickly.
- Respond to monitoring alerts, phone calls and emails.
- Escalate incidents appropriately.
- Troubleshoot to determine cause.
- Ensure all service calls, regardless of assignment, are closed.
- Interact with customers during service management.
- Perform Q/A on data center service call documentation and/or management.
- Assign Situation Manager as needed.
- Ensure that any Severity 1 or Severity 2 incident are escalated to Level 2 within 15 minutes (maximum), if Level 1 cannot be resolved in that timeframe.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Five years of experience managing the delivery of high levels of series to customers in a 24x7 environment
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience in managing the development, implementation and improvement of processes and systems
- Experience expanding operation in high growth industry
- Ability to advance an agile service delivery capability
- Ability to develop and implement the next generation vision, and is strong operationally with a focus on delivery and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategic change and requires a passionate hands-on style
- Must have superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Develop training strategy that addresses startup, continuing and advancement needs
- Administer and utilize a call center and service desk solution
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage analyze and make suggestion for problem resolution
- Ability to solve problems with good initiative and judgment and make decisions in an independent manner with minimal guidance
- Processed focused with willingness to measure and improve. Strong familiarity with ITIL concepts
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures; formulating, developing and implementing new strategies, operating procedures, and workflows
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
Job Category: Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%