CDW is a leading provider of Managed Services, Hosting, Cloud and Shared Infrastructure services. We continue to set the standard for uncompromising customer support and technical leadership, and our offerings provide our customers with complete information technology management solutions.
The CDW Managed Services Business Development Manager is a presales resource focused on the acquisition of new customer accounts and new business relative to the CDW Managed Services portfolio of services. The Business Development Manager is “the face of sales” for the CDW Managed Services practice and serves as the primary sales resource for the channels supported by the practice. Channels include the Aggregation, Infrastructure & Managed Services (AIM) group; CDW branches and field sellers; CDW ISA and FSA communities; CDW Account Managers; and other internal and/or external channels as may be assigned. The Business Development Manager works closely with the AIM team and the CDW Managed Services Solution Architects and Business Analyst to design and present appropriate Managed Services solutions for customers.
The Business Development Manager position calls for a broad range of skills, emphasizing an in-depth knowledge of CDW Managed Services solutions and supported technologies; strong communication and presentation skills; exceptional organization skills; the ability to converse with D- and C-level customer personnel; a deep familiarity with technology, including Cloud technologies and Cloud vocabulary; and the ability to work closely with sales and technical individuals inside and outside of CDW Managed Services when designing and presenting hybrid and other cross-functional customer solutions. This position requires a senior sales person that is organized; detail oriented; self-motivated and a self-starter; is comfortable in an unstructured environment; and will work proactively and collaboratively with the CDW Managed Services Business Development and other teams to engage in work flow, process and tools improvements. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as an ambassador and evangelist for CDW Managed Services, with a primary focus on the approximately twenty-eight (28) CDW branches and associated field sellers located throughout the United States; CDW FSA and ISA communities; CDW Account Managers; the CDW AIM team; and other internal and/or external channels as may be assigned. Travel of up to two (2) weeks per month may be required as part of the ambassadorship and evangelization component of this position.
- Working with the channel constituencies above, identify and create opportunities for the acquisition of new customer accounts, new sales and new business in accordance with the strategic and financial goals and objectives set by CDW Managed Services executive management.
- Assist with the growth and expansion of Managed Services for existing Managed Services customers
- Meet or exceed individual and/or group sales quota for new customer acquisition and growth of existing customers
- Develop and maintain broad and deep expertise in all CDW Managed Services offerings. This includes a thorough understanding of the people, processes, tools, IT Governance, onboarding, operations, certifications and credentials and other institutional knowledge that is necessary to effectively position and sell the CDW Managed Services practice and portfolio of services.
- Serve as a member of the primary sales resource team for the channels supported by CDW Managed Services. These channels include the Aggregation, Infrastructure & Managed Services (AIM) group; CDW branches and field sellers; CDW ISA and FSA communities; CDW Account Managers; and other internal and/or external channels as may be assigned.
- Work with lead generation and qualification resources to assess appropriateness of incoming leads.
- Work directly with customers to assess appropriateness of opportunities.
- Work closely with other CDW Managed Services Business Development Managers and Solutions Architects and—as appropriate—other teams in creating, presenting, selling and closing high-value solutions that address customer strategic, business, technical, financial and other requirements.
- As necessary, create quotes, proposals, solution diagrams and/or other sales collateral and present to customers.
- Assist other Managed Services Business Development Managers for sales process continuity and customer “through line” ownership for entire Managed Services sales cycle.
- Assist other Managed Services Business Development Managers for owning the execution of the myriad tactical tasks involved in the CDW Managed Services sales cycle. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- ongoing proactive and reactive communication with customer and CDW sales resources necessary to always be working and moving a deal toward closure;
- creating and presenting quotes and proposals;
- obtaining pricing discount approvals; authoring responses to customer RFIs and RFPs;
- manage sales cycle with partners (e.g., ABS and Skypeak); present at customer Red Carpet and similar events;
- coordinate presentation of demos, dashboards, and reports;
- create and present pre-SOWs and pricing exhibits; manage SOW and contract negotiation with customer and CDW legal and other entities;
- process signed SOWs and contracts;
- manage customer expectations;
- participate in IKOM and CKOM events;
- remain attached to existing customers to address new growth opportunities.
- Work closely and seamlessly with the CDW Aggregation, Integration & Managed Services (AIM) Specialists that are geographically aligned with the Business Development Manager territory.
- Work with CDW Managed Services Business Development team, the Offerings team, the Service Readiness team, the Professional Services team, CDW-UK, CDW Professional Services and/or other internal and/or external teams as appropriate to assist in defining and executing CDW sales and marketing strategies.
- Keep abreast of products, services, market conditions, competitive landscape, trends, and other industry metrics relative to the Cloud and Managed Services market.
- Evaluate performance results and make adjustments as necessary.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years of experience selling technology to [segment] clients
- Solid understanding of the Managed Services, Cloud, Hosting, and Shared Infrastructure solutions and industry
- Experience with the technical design of IT systems: servers, storage, security and networks
- Experience with Cisco, Microsoft, NetApp, EMC and IBM, among other technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services solutions and technologies
- Ability to travel within territory and to customer locations as needed for up to two (2) weeks per month
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively converse with customer D- and C-level personnel
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Must work collaboratively with CDW AIM team, customers, vendors, CDW coworkers, and management
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience working in the CDW Managed Services practice, with an understanding of the people, processes, tools, IT Governance, onboarding, operations, certifications and credentials and CDW Managed Services institutional knowledge.