This job posting is no longer active
Responsible for closing competitive Data Center Solution Sales supporting the OEM and CDW sales and presales (FSA, ISA or Partner Specialists). Field based OEM focused technical consultant with the highest technical and competitive knowledge. Experience working OEM solutions within verticals, i.e. Finance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, OIL/GAS and/or Government. This coworker is the OEM technical “go to” when an opportunity needs delivering the differentiating solution value presentation to the customer.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises strong independent judgment to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to junior level employees.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support a territory sales strategy (geography and/or market segment) to establish technical credibility and solution awareness within CDW, OEM and customers.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasting and visibility activity by keeping a current pipeline using forecasting tools.
- Respond to sales to pursue and assist in closing first sale of net new customers.
- Provide Why CDW to OEM Executives, Managers, Sales and Presales.
- Delivers compelling and convincing presentations addressing specific requirements and expectations.
- Effectively links the technical features and functions of company´s solutions with tangible business benefits that meet customer challenges.
- Demonstrates expert technical skills in assigned area of OEM specialization. Identify key decision makers and drive in closing the first sale.
- Demonstrates expert consultative selling techniques, including active listening, framing, white boarding, storytelling etc.
- Has successfully completed knowledge-based as well as one or more experienced-based industry certifications.
- Strong project management knowledge or experience with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including appropriate due diligence.
- Excellent business and financial acumen, with an understanding of financial return and achievement of business goals.
- Experience participating in solution configurations and the creation of PoCs to meet customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical focus or equivalent experience
- 8–12 years of experience in technology industry with focus on technical consulting and solution selling
- Industry standard server, hyperconverged and storage certifications (server plus /storage plus).
- Able to handle many projects and customer engagements simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OEM offerings, strategic initiatives, current trends, competitor products and strategies within area of responsibility.
- Expert level proficiency written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
Job Category: Specialty Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%