The Lead Application Developer-EDI supports business solutions. The purpose of this role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. This role is responsible for designing and developing integration solutions and artifacts, securing and managing APIs, and partnering with the architecture team in laying out the strategic direction for ESB. The Lead Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Perform all stages of the software development life cycle, self-manage activities on smaller projects and serve as technical lead on small, medium and large projects.
Determine operating requirements, costs, as well as resource needs for assigned projects and work in conjunction with a project manager on initiatives.
Co-lead with Project Manager employing object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and database schema design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met.
Participate in application architecture planning (including system partitioning and framework design) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
Lead / develop:
High-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes;
Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team;
System test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished;
Detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
Develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements and business needs.
Make technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map and by management.
Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved.
Draw appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues.
Direct and focus the efforts of the technical project team.
Monitor progress of project teams.
Mentor and coach junior team members.
Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
Report project/task status to the management.
Leads the analysis, design, development, performance tuning and testing activities for integration solutions
Shares knowledge and drives understanding of integration best practices across the application development teams
Creates and maintains technical design and support documentation
Leads team members and serves as a mentor to less experienced developers
Uses past integration experience to solve complex issues and develop quality supportable solutions that adhere to standards
Leads day-to-day development and maintenance activities for the ESB
Contributes to defining and estimating timelines, costs, and feasibility for integration projects
Designs and/or documents process models and flows, rules, and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 10 years application development experience, or 7 years CDW Application Development experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Expertise in developing applications
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Advanced knowledge of product lifecycle and understanding of the role of methodology/frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented design, and programming techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational, planning and creative problem-solving skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success of facilitation and solutions implementation.
- Proven track record of leading application development projects.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
EDI Specific Required Qualifications
- Experience working with REST/SOAP services, building Swagger specs, managing API traffic flow, etc.
- Expertise in designing, building, and maintaining SOAP Web Services, REST/JSON services, with experience building and maintaining MQ-based services a plus.
- Experience with building Java applications
- Experience using XML, XSL/XSLT, JSON, SAML, OAUTH
- Excellent knowledge of data integration, technical orchestration, and integration patterns
- Strong technical experience in the systems and technologies being integrated (databases, applications, etc.)
- Integration developer who should have hands on experience working with MQ and IBM
Integration Bus v10 or above
- Demonstrated knowledge of WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus (formerly WebSphere Message Broker) cluster setup and configuration
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot using a variety of resources
- Ability to accurately estimate work effort and deliver to that estimate
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with API Management platforms
- Experience working with Vendors on new technology initiatives